SAHO

Thousand Master

tq0sfld-kickstarter-logo-green.png

"Our mission is to help bring creative projects to life."
Inspired thread idea from:

A thread to show projects that have recently launched and are currently active in KICKSTARTER relating to Anime, Manga and Video Games (East Asia Region).

If anyone spots a new project launch with these themes, do feel free to post the campaign here.

Any specific discussion on a particular project can be discussed here or in their own threads. Perhaps if a discussion for a specific project expands, it may be ideal to create a separate thread for it?
¯\〳 •̀ o •́ 〵

Last edited:
KICKSTARTER Projects

Ending soon

Ongoing

Ended

Temporarily Cancelled

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed about the cost of postage on Metal Skin Panic. I have supported all the previous kickstarters he's done previously but at $25 it's almost the cost of the disk itself.

That's £18 in real money for a jiffy bag that fits through the letterbox and is sent to the UK in bulk then reshipped, seems very high.

I'm so disappointed about the cost of postage on Metal Skin Panic. I have supported all the previous kickstarters he's done previously but at $25 it's almost the cost of the disk itself.

That's £18 in real money for a jiffy bag that fits through the letterbox and is sent to the UK in bulk then reshipped, seems very high.
The shipping has always been that high on the Animeigo Kickstarter sets though.

The shipping has always been that high on the Animeigo Kickstarter sets though.
Yeah I got a response explaining but it's still ridiculous when you can get trash from China for far less and even Japan. I've ordered multiple anime sets from the US before with cheaper postage. I've even ordered larger items such as laptop screens/boards etc from the US and paid around that.

This is the response I got when I asked about it (he did say postage is combined as well)
The minimum cost of sending an 8oz package from US to UK is $15.44. We now have to collect and pay UK VAT on both the product and shipping. That's $11. At $25, we are already subsidizing UK customers by $1.44, before we even account for packaging materials, assembly, and an allowance for shipment losses and damage.
On the premium sets, the subsidy is even higher. We're charging $5 more for shipping but the postage is almost $10 more.
Best, R​

Yeah I got a response explaining but it's still ridiculous when you can get trash from China for far less and even Japan. I've ordered multiple anime sets from the US before with cheaper postage. I've even ordered larger items such as laptop screens/boards etc from the US and paid around that.

This is the response I got when I asked about it (he did say postage is combined as well)
Unfortunately they are correct. The reason you get cheaper shipping elsewhere is that they send so many packages that they get significant discounts on their shipping.

You can't really blame AnimEigo for that, USA to UK shipping costs have gone absolutely mental in the last decade or so. I remember in the '00s, it was often cheaper for me to import books from the US and pay shipping than it was to buy them in the UK. I can't remember what those flat rate packets used to cost, but it certainly wasn't anything near the $30 starting price they have now. I think it was like $8 or something. And don't get me started on VAT (or any sales tax for that matter) just another regressive tax to shift the tax burden away from the wealthy and onto the backs of everyone else, much like poll council tax.

You can't really blame AnimEigo for that, USA to UK shipping costs have gone absolutely mental in the last decade or so. I remember in the '00s, it was often cheaper for me to import books from the US and pay shipping than it was to buy them in the UK. I can't remember what those flat rate packets used to cost, but it certainly wasn't anything near the $30 starting price they have now. I think it was like $8 or something. And don't get me started on VAT (or any sales tax for that matter) just another regressive tax to shift the tax burden away from the wealthy and onto the backs of everyone else, much like poll council tax.
The thing is I've purchased things even in the last few months that have either been bigger & /or heavier and cost less. This includes a couple of bits from the US from individual sellers so there must be ways of getting around it.
I know there's different rates on things but when I can get a replacement 14" laptop screen delivered for less it shows something is deeply wrong.

On the other end of the stick, I collect real ale badges & really wanted a couple from langunitas... Their delivery cost was $42.99 for a tiny badge weighing very little.

New projects
「NSFW ver.」

Last edited:
This is exactly why I stopped offering international shipping for any anime I sell off from my collection, it just got ridiculously expensive for shipping even small packages from the US. First class USPS is the cheapest, but last I had checked it would cost me $32 to ship a single anime set to the UK. That was still much cheaper than Fedex or UPS, which started at about $53 to the UK. I didn't think anyone overseas would be insane enough to pay that much shipping for a private sale, so I just don't offer international shipping anymore. Same deal with AnimEigo Kickstarters, Robert is just a private citizen and not a large retailer who gets discounted prices through an international shipping service, so has to pay the full rate. He evidently must get some discount for the bulk shipping, so that he can actually get the price down to that $25 per item.

AlltheAnime charges £25 international shipping to the US even for one item, which is about $37 US now, so is why I buy almost all my UK anime from AOL or Zavvi, for just £5 or £4 shipping per item.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I did pledge in both The Girl From the Other Side and the MADOX-01 anime Kickstarters; I especially like to support Robert with all his AnimEigo Kickstarter projects. MADOX is the 15th anime Kickstarter I have pledged in, but my favorite Kickstarter is still the very first one I participated in - Ann Yamamoto's Time of EVE Kickstarter back in 2013. So much extra goodness I picked up from that one... 🥰

8cup3can.jpg

toebooks1.jpg

toem5.jpg

toem7.jpg

Other anime-related games, visual novels, and the like I'm not really interested in, so I don't participate in any of those Kickstarters.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I did pledge in both The Girl From the Other Side and the MADOX-01 anime Kickstarters; I especially like to support Robert with all his AnimEigo Kickstarter projects. MADOX is the 15th anime Kickstarter I have pledged in, but my favorite Kickstarter is still the very first one I participated in - Ann Yamamoto's Time of EVE Kickstarter back in 2013. So much extra goodness I picked up from that one... 🥰

8cup3can.jpg

toebooks1.jpg

toem5.jpg

toem7.jpg

Other anime-related games, visual novels, and the like I'm not really interested in, so I don't participate in any of those Kickstarters.
Now that's what you call a real Kickstarter bundle. Impressive stuff @Girls with Guns . The tea set is amazing, they really replicated the same style from Time of Eve. Your set up is amazing as well, very stylish 👍☕

Now that's what you call a real Kickstarter bundle. Impressive stuff @Girls with Guns . The tea set is amazing, they really replicated the same style from Time of Eve. Your set up is amazing as well, very stylish 👍☕
Well, only one "Are you ready for the Time of EVE?" coffee cup & saucer and one Evlend coffee canister came with the Kickstarter pledge level, but I talked to Ann and asked her if there was any way to purchase extra coffee cups and canisters, because I wanted to setup a Time of EVE inspired "cafe" in my basement theater room snack bar area. She loved the idea, so she allowed me to buy the extra sets at cost from the Kickstarter. 🥳

Last edited:
New projects

New projects

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back