Kiki's Delivery Service on Film4 this weekend

Paul said:
Thanks Joe. I even checked the TV schedules before writing this news report, but was for some reason so convinced it was Channel 4 that I didn't even double check the actual channel name. Damn it, anyway, I've updated the news report.

I think it was due to them previously being on chanel 4 because i done exactly the same thing.

Animo said:
Doesnt Channel 4/Film 4 show any anime other ghibli
To be fair there is not a lot of anime features out there and those that would work well on a mainstream channel (and successfully draw an audience) are far fewer. The simple fact is that Ghibli is by far the most marketable name so far as anime goes in the UK due to its largely family friendly style.

Of course there was a time when Channel 4 had a dedicated anime slot and showed a whole lot more diverse things, including the likes of Akira and Legend of the 4 Kings (Legend of the Dragon Kings). That of course died in the mid 90s when the UK anime scene quietened down. Simply put, most anime does not fit into people's stereotypes of cartoons and so is largely overlooked. The only ones that really get a look in are those deemed iconic, such as Akira, Ghost in the Shell and the Ghibli movies whilst the rest remain on the fringe and are only known by fans and such.

Just Passing Through said:
It's on again on Thursday 1pm on Film Four.

If this showing was dubbbed, then Thursday's will be subbed, or vice versa.

Today was the dub version, my favourite. Although i missed half of it because i had to 'work' bloody easter weekend.

I've got a hankering for Laputa - Castle in the Sky now.

I didn't really like the dub :\
Of course this may be due to the fact I saw the subbed version first, and really enjoyed it.

Actually got to watch it for the first time yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

It was rather pleasant to watch an anime that's sweet and charming all the way through for a change. :D

It's a good film to watch on a rainy day, not just because its anime, but because it's a bloody good film.

Back