Legal Streaming for Summer 2020 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Coming soon to Netflix this August are A Lull in the Sea (as mentioned earlier), The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (as mentioned earlier) and Toradora!

And for the Gundam fans, GundamInfo on YouTube has added the original Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy with English subtitles.

Bilibili has added a number of Chinese anime with English subtitles onto their YouTube channel, some of which are simulcasts:

Simulcasts:
Catalog:

The first half (episodes 1-14) of the Great Pretender launches 20th August on Netflix. The second half (episodes 15-23) airs on Japanese TV in the Autumn 2020 season.

Hope the same happens with the Demon Slayer film. Actually hoping that, as AL have announced they have the first season, that they bring it to cinemas. It's due October in Japan so would probably be an early 2021 showing when hopefully things will be as close to normal as possible.

Hope the same happens with the Demon Slayer film. Actually hoping that, as AL have announced they have the first season, that they bring it to cinemas. It's due October in Japan so would probably be an early 2021 showing when hopefully things will be as close to normal as possible.
Demon Slayer Mugen Train will very likely have a limited streaming event on Funimation for the US & CA only.

Demon Slayer Mugen Train will very likely have a limited streaming event on Funimation for the US & CA only.
All this licence stuff is still confusing to me. If Funi have control why are AL releasing it here and not Manga? Will the film get a physical and who will release.
Films that continue plot rather than recap still seems to be a massive sticking point with both limited streaming and physical releases. Thinking mainly Bunny Girl and Sound! Euphonium (2 films!) still not available here.

All this licence stuff is still confusing to me. If Funi have control why are AL releasing it here and not Manga? Will the film get a physical and who will release.
Funimation don't have control, Aniplex do. The release model for Demon Slayer is due to the higher ups making Sony Music and Sony Pictures Television play nice.

Expect the film to follow suit and have a limited release from Aniplex and a standard from Funimation.

Films that continue plot rather than recap still seems to be a massive sticking point with both limited streaming and physical releases. Thinking mainly Bunny Girl and Sound! Euphonium (2 films!) still not available here.
Pretty sure Sound only had one sequel film (Oath's Finale). Everything else is just recaps or spinoffs

Looks like Funimation is teasing us again.

K-ON! seems to be given (I'm so excitied about that!)
People are also speculating that Love chunibyo and other delusions is another show.
Hopefully this fills the missing gap in terms of the TBS titles. Manga also has Amagi Brilliant Park, Beyond the Boundary, Clannad and SNAFU so if those get added then that would be helpful.

Amagi Brilliant Park, Beyond the Boundary
Seeing as I JUST bought them because they weren't streaming they're a given!
I also have Clannad, but I've had ages to watch it so only my fault if it starts streaming in the meantime like happened with Angel Beats and Madoka★Magica have, still haven't got round to them. They may even leave before I do 😅

Just confirmed for 31st July on Funimation, subbed and dubbed for all of them:
  • K-On!
  • K-On!!
  • K-On! The Movie
  • Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions!
  • Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Heart Throb
  • Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Rikka Version
  • Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Take on Me

Back