Legal Streaming for Summer 2021 Anime Simulcasts & Catalog Additions

Any chance of the other films. I was waiting for a release from one company rather than multiple, but if they were all streaming then I won't have to.
From the article
The launch of the fourth, and supposedly final, chapter in the film series will be accompanied by the release of the three previous elements: “Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone,” “Evangelion:2.22 You Can (Not) Advance” and “Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo.”

Cool, thought Grav would have mentioned them if they were also coming out, so didn't bother reading the article.
Yeah I missed the part that the previous three would also be heading to the service, which makes sense given that I think Latin America referenced it earlier in the year.

New Shows
The Aquatope on White Sand
Battle in 5 seconds after meeting.
The Case Study of Vanitas
D_Cide Traumerei
The Detective Is Already Dead
The Duke of Death and His Maid
The Dungeon of Black Company
Fena: Pirate Princess
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!
The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace
Kageki Shoujo!! The Curtain Rises
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
Peach Boy Riverside
Remake our Life!
Sonny Boy

Sequels
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X

Continuing
Tokyo Revengers (This is continuing @NormanicGrav TV listing)

20 shows this season. I've been quite selective (cut down the million isekais down to 3, 2 of which are sequels), but obviously some may not survive.

Yet again having a quiet season only watching 6 series with 3 sequels I'll have to catch up on previous seasons for.

Watching
Love Live! Superstar!!
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2
Sonny Boy
Kageki Shoujo!! The Curtain Rises
Beastars Season 2

On-hold
Higurashi: When They Cry Sotsu (haven't watched season 1)
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X (haven't watched season 1)
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 (haven't watched part 1)

Of these I'm most likely to drop Girlfriend, Girlfriend as despite the interesting premise it is by the creator of Aho-Girl so I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:
I am likely to be putting the new season on-hold for a while but the ones that I am currently most interested in watching are...

Crunchyroll:
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2
Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-

Funimation:
The Dungeon of Black Company
Higurashi: When They Cry Sotsu
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Sonny Boy

Unlicensed at the time of this post:
Seirei Gensouki - Spirit Chronicles

Undecided:
The Detective Is Already Dead
Girlfriend, Girlfriend

Continuing:
Digimon Adventure:
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai
My Hero Academia S5
Tokyo Revengers
To Your Eternity

Sequels:
My Next Life as a Villainess S2
Magia Record S2
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime S2 P2
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S2

New shows:
Sonny Boy
The Case Study of Vanitas
Re-main
The Detective is Already Dead
Spirit Chronicles
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Kageki Shoujo!!
Fena: Pirate Princess
The Dungon of the Black Company
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Drugstore in Another World
Remake Our Life
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan

Pretty busy season for me again all told. 😅

Wow didn't see that coming! Wonder how much they splashed out to stop Netflix getting it?!
Will be interesting to see what they do with the dub after everything that happened with 3.33.
Yeah the dub is going to be an interesting one, as they have yet to confirm if 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33 will have those audio options available.

What I'm more interested in knowing is whether the third film will be the 3.333 version because Amazon Prime's 4K Ultra HD & HDR is included in the main Prime subscription compared to Netflix (which requires you having to pay more for those options) so it would be a neat bonus if we got the newer version of the film (logically it should make sense to use 3.333 due to them tweaking the scenes to make it in-line with 3.0+1.01).

First post now updated with times and show pages for the following Funimation simulcasts:
  • The Duke of Death and His Maid
  • The Honor Student at Magic High School
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
  • Kageki Shoujo!!
  • Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
  • RE-MAIN

As some of you may be aware, All the Anime licensed some of their titles to Amazon Prime.

Those titles disappeared earlier this year, but they have returned!

These titles are now available on Amazon Prime:
  • Blood-C
  • ERASED
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! [S1]
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! [S2]
  • Outlaw Star
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Samurai Champloo
  • The Promised Neverland [S1]
  • The Tatami Galaxy [Sub Only]
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Your Lie in April

Have fun!

Crunchyroll has revealed another batch for their Summer 2021 line-up, new additions are as follows:
  • Battle Game in 5 Seconds (Deatte 5-byou de Battle)
  • Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles
  • Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu) [This was leaked to be with CR prior, but now official]
5 slots (but actually 4) remain.

UPDATE: During Anime Expo Lite 2021, they have also announced plans to stream the following:

Autumn 2021 season:
  • The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window (Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru)
  • Restaurant to Another World 2
  • Sakugan (Sacks&Guns!!)
  • The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in a Different World as an Aristocrat (Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru)
Winter 2022 season:
  • In the Land of Leadale (Leadale no Daichi nite)
TBA:
  • Orient

Last edited:
Funimation have announced that they're streaming Love Live! Superstar!! but I won't take this as a UK announcement just yet as many of their articles don't specify the regions. It's still likely Crunchyroll may be streaming the series yet again on behalf of Anime Limited.

Funimation confirmed they don't have UK/IE rights for Love Live! Superstar (which is good news). Expect Anime Limited to reveal it in a matter of days for Crunchyroll.

Crunchyroll has revealed another batch for their Summer 2021 line-up, new additions are as follows:
  • D_CIDE TRAUMEREI THE ANIMATION
  • The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!) [Already revealed before by Crunchyroll Twitter but only briefly]
  • NIGHT HEAD 2041
  • Theatre of Darkness 9th (YamiShibai: Japanese Ghost Stories)
1 slot remains.

Back