Live action male lead in Negima! to be played by female

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-05/negima-live-action's-negi-played-by-13-year-old-girl">In an amusing twist</a> the lead male role for the soon to air (October-due) live action TV version of "Negima!" has gone to a 13 year-old girl (Yukina Kashiwa)!

Being an adaptation of the popular Ken ("Love Hina") Akamatsu manga, the main character, called Negi, is a young magician from Wales teaching English at a Japanese all-girls school, where romance and adventure inevitably ensues. There are no intentions to change the sex of the Negi character, so Kashiwa shall be crossing genders and playing Negi as a male!

All along i've known this will suck. And as i've said its a shame as i'm a big fan of the Negima manga and both the anime series but this is just werid. *I will still be checking out though. But i'm not expecting much :lol:*

:lol: a small Welsh kid turns out to be a Japanese girl. Don't see why they couldn't just get a normal Japanese boy to do it.

I blame Ken Akamatsu for picking the main character to be from some where ****** like Wales. >_>

[Just joking Welsh AUKN members, Wales is coo']

I have 13 manga volumes of negima and I all I can say about this live action is going to suck so much that the only reason that anyone going to watch is to see how much this sucks. The main problem.....I smell Yuri.
I am not into mangas turn into live actions much too.

Nyu said:
:lol: a small Welsh kid turns out to be a Japanese girl. Don't see why they couldn't just get a normal Japanese boy to do it.
If one thinks about it, for the parents of the other girls who will be playing parts where they will be nearly naked, having a younger boy in the same scene might be an issue too far. however if it is yet another girl playing that boy, it would be no different than a girls locker room at school, so it makes perfect sense that way. :wink: Beside you don't actually think this will legally leave Japan do you? So unless you bootleg it, or DL it you ain't gonna see it to worry.

Back