Makoto Shinkai's Your Name (Kimi no Na wa.) popped up on UK Theatrical Screens for 24th November

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
The title says it all.

It appears that the latest film from Makoto Shinkai has turned up on Showcase and Vue Cinema websites for a set date of 24th November.

You can check out the film page via these two cinemas here and here.

Background info:
Your Name (Kimi no Na wa.) is the latest film from director Makoto Shinkai. It was released theatrically in Japan on July 3rd 2016 and was given a US theatrical screening at Anime Expo 2016. Funimation announced outside of their panel that they have acquired the rights to release this film.

Hurah, it's on at mine, though I'm always a little hesitant to attend screenings of anime stuff...

After some further investigation, this guy seemed to like it, even if it does seem to be written in an overly complimentary way.

Edit: After some umming, and ahhing, booked tickets for the Leicester one anyway. Wish me luck in remembering to attend...

Last edited:
This thread title confused the hell out of me for a minute, I thought the title of the new film was "Your Name Popped Up" which seemed a bit colloquial for an anime film title.

There's still plenty of locations that are as-yet unannounced - it'll probably be another week before everything falls completely into place.

Does anybody know if this has been licence for home release aswell or is it only in the cinema at the minute ?

As far as I'm aware it's only for cinema at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone came out and confirmed they had it for home video at some point soon as well.

Posted this in the AL thread, but thinking about it, this place seems a little more appropriate.

Seems like there's now a LOT more theatrical showings of "Your Name".

It's gone from a single slot to multiple slots of both sub and dub in my area. Appreciate the extra showings, maybe I'll book a ticket for the other language option if I enjoy it the first time around.

Really impressed with the increased roll-out. Saw one of the posters on the tube today too - feels like it's really snowballing into so much more now.

I went and checked around my area, and found the cineworld near me which isn't listed on the site is showing the film.

I've booked a ticket to go see it

Anyone know when it's likely to be released on Blu-ray/DVD? I'm tempted to go and see it at the cinema but it's almost the price of how much it'll cost for a standard edition of the film once i pay for the cinema ticket, train ticket etc so if it's likely to be released mid next year i'll wait.

My fears exactly. One may as well wait for the disk release if one is, like me, prone to "getting things in one's eye" during Shinkai films. Waiting for the home release may be best for the sake of my stiff upper-lip...

Back