UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

people like mediocre isekais
PVQDphZ.png

Huh... WMG is one of only a very few isekais I actually really liked, enough so that I bought the Funimation LE box set. I didn't care for Konosuba at all. Ah, well, I guess that is to be expected when my tastes in anime seem to be totally opposite from the majority of the anime fandom.

Last edited:
Huh... WMG is one of only a very few isekais I actually really liked, enough so that I bought the Funimation LE box set. I didn't care for Konosuba at all. Ah, well, I guess that is to be expected when my tastes in anime seem to be totally opposite from the majority of the anime fandom.

In this case I agree with you, WMG was a really fun series (got this LE myself), meanwhile konosuba was really boring to watch.

This would be my personal isekai tier list. Some people might think some are too high or too low but it's purely based on my own enjoyment.

No Game No Life
Re: Zero

Sword Art Online
Shield Hero
Overlord

Slime
Konosuba
Grimgar
Tanya

Wise Man's Grandchild
Demon Lord

Smartphone

Death March
Do You Love Your Mom?

Last edited:
No but it is trashy. When people only talk about the first episode of a show of course it’s great.
For me shield hero got its own position omg it’s so awful but I’ve still watched so much of it and I don’t know why...

No but it is trashy. When people only talk about the first episode of a show of course it’s great.
For me shield hero got its own position omg it’s so awful but I’ve still watched so much of it and I don’t know why...
Doesn't make it an isekai though, and regarding that first episode what were people expecting lol. It's not like it was entirely unexpected, and its actually great but not the anime.

I like the idea of an isekai, at least back when the premise was "I'm in a video game but if I die then I'm dead for real."

The problem is I have never heard of anything that ever really runs with that idea. It just ends up as a thinly veild excuse to make a Dragon Quest anime with fanservice. Instead I could be playing Dragon Quest and having a ton more fun with puff puffs.

VlcOB8m.gif

I like the idea of an isekai, at least back when the premise was "I'm in a video game but if I die then I'm dead for real."

The problem is I have never heard of anything that ever really runs with that idea. It just ends up as a thinly veild excuse to make a Dragon Quest anime with fanservice. Instead I could be playing Dragon Quest and having a ton more fun with puff puffs.
Probably my favourite is Log Horizon which in its 2 original seasons dealt with it in a pretty interesting way I thought. Where everytime they die they lose some memory from the real world. Also it wasnt so much about hacking and slashing as solving the problems of building a new society in the game world.

Probably my favourite is Log Horizon which in its 2 original seasons dealt with it in a pretty interesting way I thought. Where everytime they die they lose some memory from the real world. Also it wasnt so much about hacking and slashing as solving the problems of building a new society in the game world.

Sounds interesting, I might check out a few episodes to see. Pity about the title though, Log Horizon sounds like a ride at Disneyland lol but it's still better than 90% of them. "Trapped in another world as a slime and all I got is my cellphone but I really just want to read a book on how to summon a demon lord properly so I can pick up girls in a dungeon."

That isn't the premise of an isekai though...

An isekai has always been when a character ends up in another world.

What your describing is the "Death Game" plot which is very unrelated to isekai.

Back