UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] Manga Ent/Animatsu Discussion Thr

On animeblurayuk a post was made on the 20th June saying Animatsu has delayed Indefinitely, yet Amazon has already changed the release date from the 4th July to the 26th September. Same date change for the standard and DVD releases.

So has Animatsu already given a new date or is Amazon just taking a guess?

*post update*
Looks like the 26th might be the new date. Base and Anime-on-line have the same date.

I hope you mean to get to Arc-V faster. ZeXal is the only unwatchable series of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Knowing Manga their plan is probably to buy the rights to Arc-V, never air it on TV, stream it, or put it on DVD and fire material into space.

The US is getting a blu-ray for Arc-V. I'll be incredibly disappointed if Manga license it and don't do the same.

Emulsion said:
On animeblurayuk a post was made on the 20th June saying Animatsu has delayed Indefinitely, yet Amazon has already changed the release date from the 4th July to the 26th September. Same date change for the standard and DVD releases.

*post update*
Looks like the 26th might be the new date. Base and Anime-on-line have the same date.
Which title? Akame Part 2?

So I've received confirmation from Manga that the Attack on Titan Complete Set was in fact not supposed to come with a booklet.

zPRUaSa.png

That's a shame, but at least they're offering to compensate you for the mix-up.

R

Yeah, I appreciate it. Still, shame that the CE didn't come with the booklet, because now you have two releases, both flawed in different ways. One, with no HD extras and one with no booklet.

Shiroi Hane said:
Emulsion said:

*post update*
Which title? Akame Part 2?
Whoops, my bad.

Yeah Akame ga Kill part 2. I actually had the title down but I edited the post, removed and changed part of what I had typed but forgot to leave the name of the title.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Yeah, I appreciate it. Still, shame that the CE didn't come with the booklet, because now you have two releases, both flawed in different ways. One, with no HD extras and one with no booklet.

You could almost argue that it justifies the double dip! If you're insane.

R

Rui said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

You could almost argue that it justifies the double dip! If you're insane.

R

Now you can own 2 flawed releases!

UK Anime Network also reports another re-release for Akira.

Other notable Manga Entertainment releases to appear on the retailer's site include an Akira 30th Anniversary Edition, confirmed as containing both the 1998 Streamline and 2001 Pioneer English dubs in an edition with a rigid collector's box, art card and movie poster as extras in a DVD, Blu-ray and digital Triple Play package. The release is set to land on 28th November.
The 25th Anniversary Edition Manga UK put out was using Bandai's master and was also released on Blu-ray in both standard and Steelbook editions. This new version seems to be using Funimation's master.

Back