Mature Manga Releases

setokaiba

Student Council President
I have to say, I am really impressed with the amount of more mature (but not straight up hentai like what Fakku prints for example, just 18+/explicit) series that are being brought over in English lately. I feel like I have to give a huge thanks to Seven Seas with their Ghost Ship branch that is bringing so many of these good spicy titles over here. It's something I want to support so most of my pre-orders (I don't pre-order much, I feel like it's harder to keep a tab on) are these titles.

So far, I have these on pre-order:
Fire in His Fingertips (Seven Seas)
Who Wants to Marry A Billionaire (Seven Seas)
2.5 Dimensional Seduction (Seven Seas)

And two that I got in this month are JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World (Seven Seas) and Secret XXX (Sublime).
I'm a little picky, some of the titles in this category don't interest me at ALL, but I'm happy to give something a try if I'm at least 85% sure I'll like it.

Any that you are picking up or interested in picking up? Personally I'm hoping they will print some more female-orientated ones like Fire in His Fingerstips because trust me, women like this stuff too! Look at the huge popularity that 50 Shades of Grey got and I don't need to say more to make my point. And on that note, I'd love to see some spicy female orientated manga printed in English with S&M-like plot...

Of course, keep things tastefully appropriate for this forum when you talk about them!

Last edited:
I'm currently collecting Fire in His Fingertips and JK Haru is a Sex Worker as well (although in the latter case I'd already read the LNs).

Otherwise, I think the only ones I buy are Same Difference (which has a defunct English release, but I started in Japanese), Candy Color Paradox, Sex Ed 120% and Super Hxeros. With Hxeros I'd already seen the anime and appreciated how it embraced the sexual content and treated it respectfully, especially when it came to the female cast. It's a ridiculous premise, really, but it's certainly a lot of fun. :)

I buy Given from SubLime and Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! from Square Enix as well, but despite being put on the 'mature' shelf in the local Forbidden Planet I personally don't consider either to be since they're light on sexual content.

I'm currently collecting Fire in His Fingertips and JK Haru is a Sex Worker as well (although in the latter case I'd already read the LNs).

Otherwise, I think the only ones I buy are Same Difference (which has a defunct English release, but I started in Japanese), Candy Color Paradox, Sex Ed 120% and Super Hxeros. With Hxeros I'd already seen the anime and appreciated how it embraced the sexual content and treated it respectfully, especially when it came to the female cast. It's a ridiculous premise, really, but it's certainly a lot of fun. :)

I buy Given from SubLime and Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! from Square Enix as well, but despite being put on the 'mature' shelf in the local Forbidden Planet I personally don't consider either to be since they're light on sexual content.
Sublime is another publisher that puts out quite a bit of manga in this category, overall I feel like yaoi was definitely ahead of the game when it comes to actually publishing in English explicit material that also has plot. I'm glad that other publishers are starting to see that there's a market for other types of non-hentai mature/explicit manga aswell. It reminds me of when Steam finally started to allow 18+ anime material on their market and now we are seeing a lot of it, I think there are many more good things to come and this is only the beginning.

Fire in His Fingertips I'm still trying to get volume 1 and 2, but I have them on order hoping they will be able to get some stock for me. Volume 3 I have pre-ordered and I will pre-order any following ones too.

Sublime is another publisher that puts out quite a bit of manga in this category, overall I feel like yaoi was definitely ahead of the game when it comes to actually publishing in English explicit material that also has plot.
SuBLime has filled a gap in the BL R18 English-licensed market that was left open when the old Tokyopop's Blu label died with old Tokyopop back in the day, round about the same time as DMP's market-dominant June label was collapsing as well. (It's still incredibly difficult to get hold of 'recent' June BL titles, even though DMP still hold the rights to some really popular BL R18 titles, especially those by You Koneda and Rihito Takarai. But that's another story...)

I suspect that the good range of BL titles at SuBLime which place the emphasis on story and characterization, as opposed to PWP fluff (and there's nothing wrong with fluff) is mostly down to Jennifer LeBlanc the Editor in charge of the list. (That's not to say that she doesn't have some quirky favourite projects like MADK and Dick Fight Island which achieved amazing sales when Volume 1 came out earlier this year.)

I hope you enjoy Secret XXX (there's sequels/spin-offs in Therapy Game and more to come from Meguru Hinohara)!

SuBLime has filled a gap in the BL R18 English-licensed market that was left open when the old Tokyopop's Blu label died with old Tokyopop back in the day, round about the same time as DMP's market-dominant June label was collapsing as well. (It's still incredibly difficult to get hold of 'recent' June BL titles, even though DMP still hold the rights to some really popular BL R18 titles, especially those by You Koneda and Rihito Takarai. But that's another story...)

I suspect that the good range of BL titles at SuBLime which place the emphasis on story and characterization, as opposed to PWP fluff (and there's nothing wrong with fluff) is mostly down to Jennifer LeBlanc the Editor in charge of the list. (That's not to say that she doesn't have some quirky favourite projects like MADK and Dick Fight Island which achieved amazing sales when Volume 1 came out earlier this year.)

I hope you enjoy Secret XXX (there's sequels/spin-offs in Therapy Game and more to come from Meguru Hinohara)!
Interesting! I never actually bought any BL until recently but I've been collecting manga for a long time so I was aware of some of the older releases nonetheless. It's nice to see that even with some publishers becoming less prominent that it is still thriving.

As for Secret XXX, I just recently got it in but it's definitely one of the ones I plan to read soon :D I'll definitely look into that if I end up liking it, which I'm hoping I will! The cover is so cute for something that I know is going to be very explicit inside haha.

This year I've bought quite a few volume 1 but not liked all of them.
I won't continue with
Booty Royale
Does a hot elf

Bought Do You Like Big Girls and Yankii Musume in Japanese. Can't read Japanese.

Enjoying
To Save the World, Demi human
Devilish Darlings
Loved Saki the Succubus.

Not sure if they count
Plus Sized Elf
Monster Wrestling
Elder Sister Like

You guys... I am SO happy right now!! Seven Seas continues to be my favourite publisher for a good reason, they just announced a new imprint for steamy/mature releases of josei series aimed at mature women. I am SO excited, this is exactly what I've been wanting and telling them that I want in my feedback and a few mails I've sent to them. I really feel heard and I appreciate so much what they are doing.

So far, they've announced 4 titles. I'll be picking up 3 out of the 4 to support. The 4th I'll probably skip on because I don't like femdom and that seems to be the entire plot but sign me up for the rest!! I can't wait to see what comes next. If you visited my "Out of Print...?" thread you can see me talking about how important that Fire in his Fingertips was due to a lack of this type of manga on the market.

You guys... I am SO happy right now!! Seven Seas continues to be my favourite publisher for a good reason, they just announced a new imprint for steamy/mature releases of josei series aimed at mature women. I am SO excited, this is exactly what I've been wanting and telling them that I want in my feedback and a few mails I've sent to them. I really feel heard and I appreciate so much what they are doing.

So far, they've announced 4 titles. I'll be picking up 3 out of the 4 to support. The 4th I'll probably skip on because I don't like femdom and that seems to be the entire plot but sign me up for the rest!! I can't wait to see what comes next. If you visited my "Out of Print...?" thread you can see me talking about how important that Fire in his Fingertips was due to a lack of this type of manga on the market.

I'll read the fourth one for you.
It would be the only one out of the four I would buy.

I'll read the fourth one for you.
It would be the only one out of the four I would buy.
I'm sure it will find a readership but the theme is really not for me haha. My preference lies very much the other way, I hope they'll bring something S&M-like out with a dominant male lead like "Sweet Punishment - I'm the Guard's Personal Pet" (Sadly has a digital only English release already but it didn't stop them with Tokyo Revengers so who knows)

Last edited:
The four Steamship titles are now up for pre-order on Book Depository! I went for 3 of the 4. I'm really excited for them and to see what else comes out of this imprint. Here's the links if you'd like to pre-order them, they should be available on other sites too if you prefer:

I'll Never Be Your Crown Princess! (Manga) Vol. 1 : Saki Tsukigami : 9781638585299
GAME: Between the Suits Vol. 1 : Mai Nishikata : 9781685793296
Outbride: Beauty and the Beasts Vol. 1 : Tohko Tsukinaga : 9781638582304
Ladies on Top Vol. 1 : Nejiganameta : 9781638586807

Back