MCM Comic Con London - 24-26 October 2014

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Since there has yet to be a thread about it so I decided there might as well be one about it.

I've got Saturday sorted (priority ticket wise) but I was wondering about whether Friday would be worth it since I have the day off and there's tons of space left. The only major thing I know about on Friday is Daniel Radcliffe while others are appearing on Saturday/Sunday.

Anywho, who else is going?

Likely to be in attendance on duty the Sunday. Spot me and win a patented TZ NoPrize!

Wish my S.H. Figurarts holdouts had arrived in time, was gonna see if I had time to get them signed by the Power Rangers cast guests.

Is it wrong to wish for a better retailer selection? I've been going since 2010 and kinda become bored of all the keychains, plushies and Pocky.

The good- each time they get better at providing out of the way spots for people to check their stuff, get phone signal or have food or drink.

The bad- no automatic turrets that shoot people who stop dead in a narrow walkway when 10 or so people are behind them.

Come on people. Plenty of other people that attend have manners to keep an eye out.

Out of curiousity, did anyone else keep their Pikachu hat?

Bit gutted to have missed this weekend's, but felt like I had to as otherwise I'd have gone on a bonkers spending spree.

I always feel like I'm missing out a little on the full experience as I always go on my own (no fellow anime friends IRL unfortunately) - I think in my mind I want it to be like the episode of Genshiken where they go to Comiket.

HellCat said:
The good- each time they get better at providing out of the way spots for people to check their stuff, get phone signal or have food or drink.

The bad- no automatic turrets that shoot people who stop dead in a narrow walkway when 10 or so people are behind them.

Come on people. Plenty of other people that attend have manners to keep an eye out.

Out of curiousity, did anyone else keep their Pikachu hat?

Yep I kept mine and I found a nice place for it to stay =D

This 'October MCM' has to be the best yet; it was "much more" organised than previous years where clear signs were listed to tell you where you needed to be and then inside the event there were signs helping you find your way around.

There was also more seating areas (in the event) and more food-stalls as well.

Seems like the DLR even helped out as well as at the end of each day their were several staff members on the Custom House DLR platform offering advice and telling people what to do.

Harro,

Seeing as the MCM FB page has ignored my question twice. I was wondering if any of you could help please?

I'm just after a brief list of guests that were at May this year and as to whether May tends to have similar guests each year and October follows suit? For example, this Oct had anime voice actors, last October I attended, also did. I can't remember if there was for May this year or last?

I'm after going a Sunday in May or October and getting a hotel so I can go to Chelsea and also Harry Potter studios and I'm just after seeing if I should try this for both or just one and I guess in turn, which one.

Thanks.

Oh, also, hotels within a 5-10 min WALK of the Excel please? Does the excel site actually have the best list of these or do you lot have some knowledge up your sleeve please?

Back