MediaBlasters fly away with Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujotai)

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In a <a href="http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showpost.php?post/536023/">forum post over at AnimeOnDVD</a>, John Sirabella (president) of Media Blasters casually announced that the company has picked up Tweeny Witches (a.k.a Mahou Shoujotai) for a US DVD release.

Made up of 40 nine-minute episodes and drawn in a unique style by the ever-innovative Studio 4&deg;C, Tweeny Witches is an atmospheric magical girl series that aired on Japanese TV during 2004. For the above reasons, it only ever seemed like it had a remote chance of any potential release outside of Japan, but then, Media Blasters are a company known for taking calculated gambles on unique anime.

Mostly likely (based on Media Blasters recent track record), Tweeny Witches will be a subtitled only (no English dub) US DVD release.

Good stuff, I've been wanting to see this for a year or so now and heard very good things about it as well - not got around to downloading it so this gives me a chance to see own it at least.
I hope they do a nice boxset release for it as I don't think it'd be right to release in volumes.

I gave this series a go a long time ago and although I enjoyed the artwork it just seemed to move along too quickly for me to get into.

The best thing about MaShojoTai Alice is that the dub is already done for it.

Ok, it's an Odex dub and it's aimed at the Asian populace, but it's still a dub.

Though, points to note, they messup Genshiken and Media Blasters will no longer have a cash despencer in me.

Back