Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - Bandit Flower Review

Cold Cobra

I'm entirely trustworthy...
AUKN Staff
We once again return to the Universal Century timeline of Gundam, but the One Year War is over, and it’s time to see what happened to the characters we saw in the original Thunderbolt movie now we’re in a post-war world. Spoiler: They’re still piloting Mobile Suits!

Continue reading...

Can't wait for my copy. I actually held off watching it online (for literal years) until AL finally got off their butts and released it since the first film was so compelling.

Shame to hear the second doesn't quite live up to it 's predecessor but I'm still looking forward to it.

Can't wait for my copy. I actually held off watching it online (for literal years) until AL finally got off their butts and released it since the first film was so compelling.

Shame to hear the second doesn't quite live up to it 's predecessor but I'm still looking forward to it.

It's still more than worth a watch, just don't expect it to be as special as the first, is all.

I read your review when it was posted, and I agreed: it felt like just another Gundam with freestyle jazzin (there were more experimental & 'uplifting' tracks than in the first, iirc, which was interesting) and a very high budget. Without the titular Thunderbolt Sector and sociopath Gundam pilot vs. Space Nazi cripple showdown - I don't think they even meet in S2! - all you have is something that feels like a part of a mainstream Gundam; albeit without the naive idealism. The first was practically standalone as a movie, ignoring the tacked-on end, and without wanting to spoil S2 pretty much even ret-conned a 'death'... which bothered me when the first was so gritty in a 'war is hell' kinda way.

It's not bad: Daryl is still the same, and his thing with his woman is interesting. Tattoo waifu Bianca is <3. And the underwater sequence was great. It did kill my enthusiasm for a third entry, though.

Now, if AL would send my 'early birdy' of the movie tomorrow... I read that people ordering from MVM got their copies already.

Last edited:
Back