More Afro Samurai on the way

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
It's been widely reported that production on a <a href="http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20071025p2a00m0et027000c.html">brand new season</a> of the Samuel L. Jackson voiced Afro Samurai is under way and already set to air on US TV during early 2008. Again penned by manga-ka Takashi Okazaki (who was a guest at the most recent London MCM Expo), he comments that "<a href="http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20071025p2a00m0et027000c.html">Seduction and violence -- those are musts for American TV</a>", hinting at the new (and no doubt, racier) content of the already ultra-violent story.

Of course, Afro Samurai aired on Bravo's Adult Swim in the UK, so it will come as no surprise to see its sequel eventually slashing through UK air-waves too.

Well according to digiguide, Gamer.tv Extra for some reason pops up when you search for anime. There is no sypnosis for the show but I ain't never heard of Gamer.tv Extra.

Maybe an anime special like they did with Ghost In The Shell 2?

Well I'm not sure what to make of this. Afro Samurai certainly was cool visually but the story sucked and it wasn't exactly great. Meh i'll probably check it out. Its 100% entertainment XD

I can hope that we get more episodes but unless he loses the number 1 status I can't see much point, well unless it fills in the years when he was a teenager trying to find the number 1

I actually think it's the back story between Justice (more Ron Perlman!) and Afro's father.

It was originally in the manga but left out in the anime.

If they were to do another series it would have to do it maybe in 2 more stages.

First of all They could Do a Back Story as in How and why his father Became the No1, was it similar to Afros reasons, a loved 1 murder, or was it something else.

And Maybe, after all rons character never died, maybe he makes a reappearance and Afro, Jinno & him Have 1 final all out battle

From the Rza interview, I think he mentioned the second season wll be longer than the first. After all it was the highest rated anime on US cable.

Apparently there was a whole lot left out the anime to make it a mini series.

Good news. I own the awesome Afro Samurai set, but haven't watched it yet. However, the fact it's been popular and has given more exposure to anime is a good thing!

Has the manga been released in English?

Oh god, please no more of this anime black people in the olden times of japan that have samurai swords that can cut through a missles
this is more cliche than Naruto. =/

Lelouch said:
Oh god, please no more of this anime black people in the olden times of japan that have samurai swords that can cut through a missles

It is? :p Seriously though i watched the series when it aired back on Bravo back in may. I thought that it was an okay series to watch even though it wasn't my style. I'm curious to know what they are planning to do with the plot for the new season (if it's a prequel, a sequel etc...) the only thing is though they could go over the top.

BlackWolf said:
Lelouch said:

It is? :p Seriously though i watched the series when it aired back on Bravo back in may. I thought that it was an okay series to watch even though it wasn't my style. I'm curious to know what they are planning to do with the plot for the new season (if it's a prequel, a sequel etc...) the only thing is though they could go over the top.

It's okay, nothing amazing though, anyway they do go over the top alot though...

Lelouch said:

Well, if you think that's the most unbelievable storyline to come out of anime, you're not watching enough of it :p

CitizenGeek said:
Lelouch said:

Well, if you think that's the most unbelievable storyline to come out of anime, you're not watching enough of it :p
Why is there modern espionage technology in some messed up fuedal Japanese setting, please elabourate, oh and a rocket launcher amongst other things, seriously, this is why I don't take Afro Samurai seriously, it's like it was made for lulz. [Which is why I'm going to buy it, for the lulz.]

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Lelouch said:

Why is there modern espionage technology in some messed up fuedal Japanese setting, please elabourate, oh and a rocket launcher amongst other things, seriously, this is why I don't take Afro Samurai seriously, it's like it was made for lulz. [Which is why I'm going to buy it, for the lulz.]
That would be because it is not feudal Japan but some post war wasteland that has modelled itself on feudal Japan...

I'm not gonna bother debating things here... as I know what is true, and what is opinion... so let me give you facts!

1. Series 2 is currently under way, but production has not yet fully started
2. A live-action movie of Afro Samurai is on the table, with a list of Hollywood director's to make the movie... Sam Jackson will be starring if it does happen.
3. The first series of Afro Samurai which most of you have seen begins in the middle of the whole story's actual timeline... Takashi Okazaki has been working on the concept for over 10 years and he claims the story is like 10,000 years long.
Therefore giving the full story more depth than most critics ass-holes (I apologise for the last statement, it was opinion and not fact)
4. Afro Samurai is currently re-airing on BRAVO right now, it began on Monday and will follow through until Friday, every night at midnight (GMT time).

Back