MVM cut their single disc RRP from £20 to £16

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UK anime publishers MVM have today sent out a <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?p=151785#151785">press release</a> announcing their intentions to lower the RRP (recommended retail price) of their "single disc titles" (therefore, doesn't include box sets) from &pound;19.99 to &pound;15.99, and since many stores introduce discounts on top of that RRP, you're likely to be able to pick up a lot of MVM anime for around about &pound;10/&pound;12. <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?p=151785#151785">According to the press release</a>, this price cut comes into play as of 1st March 2008.

MVM UK PRESS RELEASE – issued 5th February, 2008

MVM Entertainment, the UK market leader in the anime world and twice winner of the Neo Award for Best Anime Distributor. Now they are announcing a fantastic offer to all their loyal customers and lovers of anime DVD’s!

As of 1st March 2008, MVM Entertainment are slashing the RRP of their single disc titles from £19.99/£17.99 to £15.99.

Given that most retailers offer an additional discount to their customers this means that all MVM single disc titles are likely to be obtainable under £15. The price drop does not affect box sets. So if you haven’t already here’s another chance to delve into the world of anime from the distributor that brought you fantastic series such as Paranoia Agent, Trigun, Samurai 7 and many, many more…!

That is great news my wallet thanks them for this cut in prices. Although I do wonder how they can afford to do this with the way the market seems to be at the moment. Not to mention the inflation madness.

had to be done tbf, the retail market is dieing cause of the internet prices being so much cheaper than in stores

granted this will continue but lets face it £14 >>>> £20

Quite honestly, paying £20 for any DVD (anime or otherwise) is a bit steep, regardless of the distributor company. Although UK purchasers pay more than US ones (before the Bandai debacle, at any rate) I still think Japanese fans have it even worse in terms of DVD RRPs.

Hats off to MVM though - the profit margins for anime distributors are small enough as it is so this gesture won't go unnoticed...still, it might encourage the others to do likewise. Collecting Ergo Proxy just got a bit cheaper! :)

It's a good thing for the RRP to have lowered from the stupid amount it was at to a slightly less stupid amount.

Anime has started to drop to £4.99 of late, with entire series of less popular series dropping to that and the first volumes of certain bigger series (Berserk) dropping to £4.99. I'm hoping all anime DVD's that have been out a fair few months drop to around £4.99 soon.

These days, with DVD's having already been surpassed, £5 is the highest I'm willing to pay for any volume of anime. Paying £10 for an anime DVD is silly when certain Blu-ray/HD-DVD movie releases cost that much, so £5 is very fair.

Revelation's print ads claimed all their stuff had an RRP of about £13 a while ago, but every HMV store I've been to still charged £20.

So yay. =/

CitizenGeek said:
Wow, nice move MVM! I think I shall immediately start collecting Trinity Blood and Berserk once this price cut kicks in!

Which reminds me, I should've bought it from HMV for £6 (No kiddin o_O). I guess I'm a idiot for not buying it xD

But yeah, Hats off to MVM... And at a great time as well, Shakugan No Shana isn't far away from being released here =D

It looks to me like after the demise of ADV, MVM maybe lowering their prices as a gimmick or lowering to move in on a gap in the market. It seems a bit strange that all of a sudden they lower their RRP...

Aaron said:
Revelation's print ads claimed all their stuff had an RRP of about £13 a while ago, but every HMV store I've been to still charged £20.

So yay. =/
That's a bit weird. Their RRPs are £15.99 unless they're a special edition so any one charging more than that is overpricing. No way should you be asked to pay over the RRP.

Often in their printed ads they show sendit.com's prices which gives a bit of a false impression... other than that I've never noticed HMV having wrong prices. :?

Chrono Mizaki said:
Which reminds me, I should've bought it from HMV for £6 (No kiddin o_O). I guess I'm a idiot for not buying it xD

Was it just vol. 1 that was that (awesome) price? If so, it seems as thought MVM's vol. 1 sale was present on the high street as well as online.

But yeah, Hats off to MVM... And at a great time as well, Shakugan No Shana isn't far away from being released here =D

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that! When is it starting release?

Looking forward to collecting Black Lagoon too! ^__^

Back