Neoranga!

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Last night I watched the final episode of Neoranga and WOW! what a series :D

It's a story about 3 sisters, Minami, Ushio and Yuuhi Shimabara. The eldest sister Minami had to bring up her 2 younger sisters after the death of their parents and the disappearance of their older brother. They are invited to visit a strange island called Barou, the place their brother had disappeared from many years earlier and there they discover a gigantic ancient statue called Ranga. Imagine their shock when Ranga starts to move and then follows them all the way back to Japan!

Although there are 48 episodes to Neoranga, each one is only 14 minutes long. From the start of the very first episode I found this series to be very compelling and engrossing. The animation and character design is very pleasing, with slightly toned down colours. Ranga is a wonderful looking creature, he reminded me of a very big dog mixed with a bit of Godzilla!
He has the most fantastic facial expressions and at times almost looked cute!! The music is one of the best features of the anime, both the opening themes are very haunting.
The story develops quite slowly to start with and the first part (24 eps) introduce the audience to the characters and the drama surrounding a huge "monster" invading Japan. The 2nd part of the story delves deeper into politics and religion and the origins of Ranga. The conclusion to the story is very satisfying in many ways and leaves you feeling good about the whole series.
There are one or two filler episodes, that were actually quite fun to watch but a bit daft and episodes 41 & 42 had obviously been animated by different people, as for just those 2 eps. the animation was extremely ugly and strange!
This is one of the nicest anime I have seen for a long time. I'm glad I finally stopped deliberating over this title and actually bought it.

I swear I had a desktop image with those three with what looked like tribal warpaint on somewhere , although it seems to have gone walkabout .

Back