New Forums: Bugs, Feedback, and Questions

I think there are

A few issues

With some of the

Options on the forum

Here is a video
Poor quality as I'm not uploading a 700mb file to youtube

Firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit)

Ever since the Ios13 update I can no longer paste on this forum from my phone. I assume Apple have changed something
+1 to this. Can’t paste anything into AUKN’s reply boxes on Safari on iOS 13. I also couldn’t seem to paste copied urls from my Android tablet either when I was attempting to a couple of weeks back.

Ever since the Ios13 update I can no longer paste on this forum from my phone. I assume Apple have changed something
+1 to this. Can’t paste anything into AUKN’s reply boxes on Safari on iOS 13. I also couldn’t seem to paste copied urls from my Android tablet either when I was attempting to a couple of weeks back.
Can you both try on iOS 13.1, released yesterday? It seems to have been a bug in the original 13.0 release that has now been fixed.

My avatar is a gif and this avi has worked before as a gif on this forum, but not anymore?

Have the gif feature in avatas been snuffed?

If not, what is wrong?

So what’s the deal with the new disclaimer with the mile long list of “partners” we can grant access to our data? Is AUKN finally getting ads? Please no video ads. I’d also like to suggest I’d be willing to pay a reasonable subscription fee to avoid them...

So what’s the deal with the new disclaimer with the mile long list of “partners” we can grant access to our data? Is AUKN finally getting ads? Please no video ads. I’d also like to suggest I’d be willing to pay a reasonable subscription fee to avoid them...
That was an internal trial that leaked out, and wasn't supposed to reach anyone other than me. I've now removed it, and please accept my apologies for any alarm that popup may have caused.

While I am investigating ways to help AUKN pay the bills, I've got no current plans to implement display advertising. If that changes, I will discuss this openly with the community - and make sure that anything we do is respectful of you, your privacy, and your time.

Thanks for the clarification @Teapot. I certainly wouldn’t begrudge the site looking for ways to make money; obviously hosting it has costs, so it’s only fair really when we’re all using it for free (I will say that I do genuinely despise video advertising though, so I’d prefer any alternative to that).

(I will say that I do genuinely despise video advertising though, so I’d prefer any alternative to that).
Don't worry, me too. Obnoxious, obtrusive advertising - videos, popovers, autoplaying audio, etc - is the best way to make me immediately turn on adblock, so it would be the height of hypocrisy to expect any of you to deal with that nonsense.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I discovered an issue with Firefox mobile on Android. When you click to log in it just throws you an error message asking you to accept cookies, but it never gives an option to accept cookies either.

I discovered an issue with Firefox mobile on Android. When you click to log in it just throws you an error message asking you to accept cookies, but it never gives an option to accept cookies either.
I think Firefox has added some privacy features that might involve blocking cookies by default - might be worth reviewing that to ensure it's not overreaching? Worth noting that we don't set any essential third-party cookies, so you're free to block anything not from forums.animeuknews.net without causing issues.

I think Firefox has added some privacy features that might involve blocking cookies by default - might be worth reviewing that to ensure it's not overreaching? Worth noting that we don't set any essential third-party cookies, so you're free to block anything not from forums.animeuknews.net without causing issues.

I checked and enabled all cookies (default was enabled but blocking all tracking stuff), I cleared the cache and reloaded firefox etc but unfortunately I get the same issue. I guess I'll have to use Chrome for the time being.

I checked and enabled all cookies (default was enabled but blocking all tracking stuff), I cleared the cache and reloaded firefox etc but unfortunately I get the same issue. I guess I'll have to use Chrome for the time being.
Odd. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue later today and find a fix. :)

Back