new low for anime on TV

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Yep looks like the last refuge of anime in the UK (if you can call it that) Jetix's time is at an end

Disney are set to complete there rebrand of their channels in the UK to get inline with the USA by replacing Jetix with Disney XD

It's already started showing former disney channel shows it's unlikly they'll be reknewing their intrest in the Naruto brand.

However it is still likely they'll keep their rights to Dinosaur King and pokemon, it shows what a difference a year makes, when AC was reaching it's potential and Anime network was in full swing

It's not like I actually watched TV anyway. I was surprised Naruto even aired here, ah well. It had a good run, but like DBZ its time must end.

It's a shame really,although I never watched Naruto it is another anime series that bites the dust from the tv schedules.It's looking increasing likely that the only way to see anime in the UK is through fansubs and direct to dvd sales. :(

Urzu seven said:
It's a shame really,although I never watched Naruto it is another anime series that bites the dust from the tv schedules.It's looking increasing likely that the only way to see anime in the UK is through fansubs and direct to dvd sales. :(

and manga's video streaming ;)

Urzu seven said:
Well to be fair, you had to pay for Sky or Virgin Media to get Jetix anyway. So if you cancel your sky subscription and put the money into buying DVD's instead... ;)

much as I'll miss Naruto on Jetix, the schedule has been crap for a long time now - endless repeats & it's shown at 9.30, a time when I am usually doing something else.

No loss to me. I gave up on Jetix when they started repeating, and repeating, and repeating, and ................. so goodbye and thanks for all the repeats.

Hardly suprising.

Naruto was a gigantic mess and it served to show how SOL we are as a fanbase.

Now, you know how you could make yourselves look less like twats for all this, Disney? Here's a small hint: KAMEN RIDER DRAGON KNIGHT.

im suprised the companys dont try and sell more to UK channels, i mean they probably complain about piracy and stuff, but what do they expect when we get barely any anime on tv here? of course people are gonna get it some other way.

I think it's more the case of the TV Companies going "Is this Pokemon? Is this like Pokemon? No? **** OFF!"

That and them insisting to air all the good stuff during the Soap times which is stupid.

SundayMorningCall said:
im suprised the companys dont try and sell more to UK channels, i mean they probably complain about piracy and stuff, but what do they expect when we get barely any anime on tv here? of course people are gonna get it some other way.

They do try, but the channels are not interested. I think it was Jerome from Manga who said they can't even GIVE away TV rights for anime.

I wasn't a fan of watching the hacked appart version of Naruto they showed on Jetix, but I'm surprised they didn't want to keep it going. Over the last year it has become a big thing in my 10 year old cousin's school, his can't have been the only school.
I have to say I am a little vexed by Disney's attemp to take over the world though. I'm sure they won't rest until the entire world is a homogenised society of perfects teens with over white teeth, orange skin, and chipper personalities!

It's always really depressing when another attempt at getting anime on tv fails, it's the same with every attemp ever made, you can see the end coming a mile off when the endless repeats begin. There really is just so many times that you can be bother to watch the same thing.

In memory of Jetix, we should all watch this video and remember the good times:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0ONXcyFuI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0ONXcyFuI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aion said:
In memory of Jetix, we should all watch this video and remember the good times:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0ONXcyFuI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x0ONXcyFuI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Wow, he just got blas-

Back