New Macross series in production?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
With several new Neon Genesis Evangelion movies on their way from Gainax and more than a few other mecha anime set to debut in 2007, robo fans already had an exciting year ahead of them before it was confirmed that a new Macross series is currently in development too; the production staff are currently looking for a new voice actress/singer to follow the franchise's famous tradition of featuring a JPOP idol along side intergalactic mecha conflict. More information is expected to be revealed around late March.

I'm looking foward to it. Hopefully it'll also rekindle interest in Macross Zero and someone will pick up the licence for it - that was a pretty impressive OAV, visually at least.

I was hooked on Macross when I first saw it, caught the first ep through the Manga Mania mag and went out the next day and bought the whole series, one of my best purchases.

Really looking forward to seeing this new project

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic for this. Macross offerings tend to be a bit inconsistent, varying between the brilliant and utterly mediocre, and after the disappointment of Zero, I can't say I'm holding my breath too tightly just yet.

Oh, who am I kidding? You can never have enough Valkyrie action :)

Saw 'Robotech: The Macross Saga' recently, not the ideal form but still I was amazed at the quality given its age. With modern animation, a new macross series could kick some serious ass.

Back