Nisemonogatari rated 18!?

frostythebudgie

Brigade Leader
So, the Big board of FAT C**TS have done it again.

:x :evil: :twisted:

Let's complain about the classification of Nisemonogatari!

If you disagree with me, that's okay. I just think that this is a little ridiculous.

Sigh. Obviously, its okay for Robertas Blood Trail to be rated 15.
Obviously.
Duh.
Logic.jpg

Sent them an email complaint.

Let's hope they don't get too butthurt.

1383448535620.gif

A little toothbrush rape never hurt anyone, riigght?

Hey BBFC,
Here's a gif I think you'll love.

Regarts,
Dolan.

006f8bbb2f8bae658195887105f5f404-d636c8c.gif

Man I kinda miss the feeling of being angry at the BBFC when they rate something I want to watch so high. Once I hit 18, it just became trivial. :lol:

It's important to understand that the BBFC usually have a sound reasoning for their classification decisions. I expect them to reply politely with a breakdown of exactly why they classified it the way they did. I never did get round to watching Nisemono, but I have read some impressions and heard about certain scenes. Considering the BBFC's current major concerns, 18 seems like a fair classification. Hell, I was actually expecting Bakemonogatari to get an 18 thanks to episode 3!

I say relax, take a deep breath, and be calm.

I haven't watched Nise (or the entirety of Monogatari, I will do I swear) but from what I hear, Nise is very fan-service heavy in contrast to Bakemonogatari and Monogatari Second Season. BBFC have placed episodes 5-7 as a 15 (Contains sexualised nudity and moderate sex references) just the rest were given an 18 (Contains some sexualised nudity [1-4] and Contains strong references to sex and incest, and strong gore [8-11]). To be honest since this franchise is not for children, I think the BBFC did the right choice with this one especially with that scene from the gif you posted being one of the reasons.

Regarding Black Lagoon, the second season received an 18 because of certain scenes in the final arc of the season (BBFC stated: Contains very strong sex references and violence ~
Girl was partially 'about to be' raped with her clothes mostly gone during the Bowling battle and then she ended up committing suicide with a sword through her neck in the finale, not to mention she's also in school [about near-adult age]
). The OVA is a different note since everyone's mature and it's the usual violence with Baccano! (except that got an 18 for the kid getting tortured and some other torture related moments in the second half).

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the reply I received from them regarding K-ON! being a 12, they usually give a very detailed response as to why the certificate was chosen. I have yet to see Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari (like NormanicGrav, they are on the list! In fact, they're on Daisuki aren't they? I should do that), but after the reply I received for K-ON!, I've developed much more respect for them.

Do you have any friends/siblings over 18? If so, you can do what I did when I was under 18 and wanted Afro Samurai: Resurrection - I asked my brother to buy it (in clear view of HMV's counter. Not sure how I got away with that one xD).

Funnily enough the toothbrush bit will be in the 2nd half of the release, it's not actually in Karen's arc.

The 18 for the 1st arc would likely be down to the scene with Shinobu in the bath.

In my experience they are a lot more lenient on violence than sex, something you think is really violent gets by often with a 15.

Joshawott said:
In fact, they're on Daisuki aren't they? I should do that

Bakemonogatari & Nekomonogatari are available on Daisuki, Nisemonogatari & Second Season are available on both Crunchyroll and Daisuki.

I wanted to hold out on a physical copy before I start the series (replayability reasons).

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:
In fact, they're on Daisuki aren't they? I should do that

Bakemonogatari & Nekomonogatari are available on Daisuki, Nisemonogatari & Second Season are available on both Crunchyroll and Daisuki.

I wanted to hold out on a physical copy before I start the series (replayability reasons).
So...why should I rush out and buy a sub-only DVD/BD just yet? =3

With respect to the minors present I want to go down a shady path and ask what you personal views as to where the tolerances for sex and violence should be. Having seen anime with breasts and nipples get a 15 and lechery get a 15 I am curious at what point sex moves from obvious deviancy to graphic deviancy. As for violence I think the boundary is more vague.

P.s what does =3 mean?

Perviness, slight glimpses of breasts and bums etc (ie fan service) should be a 15. Anything more should be an 18 (ie unwanted groping, molestation, sexual assault....)

britguy said:
Perviness, slight glimpses of breasts and bums etc (ie fan service) should be a 15. Anything more should be an 18 (ie unwanted groping, molestation, sexual assault....)

That seems to be fairly accurate with how the BBFC rate things, though full on and prolonged shots of boobs still rates a 15 it seems, after all you can buy a paper in any newsagents and stare at boobs if you wanted.

Basically it's the context of what is happening, as soon as it veers to sex/assulat/molestation the rating jumps.

For the 1st part of Nisemonogatari I'd pin it on Shinobu being effectively underage and acting in a very provocative way

This just makes the show feel even sexier, thanks BBFC.

I mean, outraged, totally appalled, get this filth off our shelves. It's time we cleaned our teeth of this kind of stuff.

cudwieser said:
P.s what does =3 mean?
Exactly in the middle of 2 and 4.

No? I've been wrong all this time?!

Rosencrantz said:
britguy said:

That seems to be fairly accurate with how the BBFC rate things, though full on and prolonged shots of boobs still rates a 15 it seems, after all you can buy a paper in any newsagents and stare at boobs if you wanted.

Basically it's the context of what is happening, as soon as it veers to sex/assulat/molestation the rating jumps.

For the 1st part of Nisemonogatari I'd pin it on Shinobu being effectively underage and acting in a very provocative way
And then there's the big mystery of Strike Witches season 1 being a 12.

You also have your curios of Vampire Bund, Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy. Bund was slated for the lolita stlye of Mina. In terms of the story she is 400 years old, but is drawn as a minor in very skimpy clothes. Worse still she is greatly sexualised in the anime. For Excel the comedy goes from insane to damn near offensive. In a couple of episodes a doctor with a sweet tooth for loli is approached by some bitter candy (we are talking humour here that would make brass eye blush). Both these shows were given 15 rating, but the content is bloody close to crossing a line. In the case of Poemy though, well...If you have to ask! :p

Joshawott said:
Rosencrantz said:
britguy said:

And then there's the big mystery of Strike Witches season 1 being a 12.

Context is key

All girls messing round in the baths is relatively harmless in what it might encourage girls to do

A girl who appears underage in the bath with our male main character who is acting and posing deliberately in a provocative manner is pretty damn serious. Fortunately the scene is dialogue heavy and has context enough in the story to mean it's an 18 and not a cut.

Same thing with Bund really, context of a scene allows you leeway.

Back