Nodame Cantabile sets viewing record for late night TV anime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The recent debut of Nodame Cantabile in Japan (animated by JC STAFF and features many of the creative staff who worked on Honey & Clover) has set a new ratings record for late night TV anime, as reported by Anime News Service. The musical drama is fast becoming a phenomenal success in Japan, having already spawned a successful manga adaptation and a live action TV series that pulled in "an estimated 19 million viewers".

The live-action series is absolutely fantastic! Definitely watch it if you're interested. I've been tempted by the manga since Del Rey first brought it out, but had too many other series to collect so kept passing it up, but after watching the first three or so episodes of the live-action series, I picked up the first three volumes of it, and certainly didn't regret it.

So I'm certainly not surprised by the ratings the first episode of the anime got, especially with the popularity of the fandom in Japan (pity that isn't replicated outside of Japan, but hopefully now it will get a lot more people interested). Such a good story, and with the people behind Honey & Clover doing it, there really is little chance of it being anything short of amazing ^______^

I'm looking forward to checking out the anime. It looks positively engrossing.

I don't have much experience of live action Japanese TV series, I loved Densha Otoko but some of the acting was seriously cheesy. I'm not sure if I could take a full on, serious drama.

Paul said:
I don't have much experience of live action Japanese TV series, I loved Densha Otoko but some of the acting was seriously cheesy. I'm not sure if I could take a full on, serious drama.

You won't find any of that in Nodame Cantabile.

Haven't seen the live action series myslef, but I am up to book 5 in the manga. The first anime episoe is great too.

Back