Optimum reveal Appleseed plans

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Optimum have sent out a press release revealing their plans for their forthcoming Appleseed release with both a UK theatrical run (due for August 19th) along with a DVD and debut UMD (Sony PlayStation Portable) release set for September the 19th.<ul class="menu">Appleseed is a cutting edge production that uses state of the art technology and 3DCG to produce one of the most visually arresting and hyper-realistic animations to date. The brainchild of leading anime creator Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell), Appleseed is a post-apocalyptic science fiction epic brimming with fast-paced action and awe-inspiring visuals. The film will be getting a theatrical release on August 19th and will then be released on DVD and the new UMD format for Sony PlayStation Portable on September 19th.</ul>Read the full press release.

It's good that it is getting shown in Cinemas, but what surrprises me is that it's being released on UMD. If I get a PSP, I'll make sure to get it.

Yeah I would be great to see this at the cinema, lately there seems to be quite a few planned theatrical releases.

Back