Optimum's Nausicaa & Cat Returns UK DVD releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Optimum Releasing have sent us a press release for their forthcoming Studio Ghibli Collection DVD releases, with both Hayao (Spirited Away) Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Studio Ghibli's The Cat Returns due out on UK DVD on the 26th of September. More information, including DVD specifications, can be found in the press release.<ul class="menu2">"To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Studio Ghibli and the highly anticipated UK cinema release of Howl's Moving Castle on September 23rd, Optimum Asia will be releasing the animated film that first established Studio Ghibli, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind created and directed by Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away), and The Cat Returns, directed by Miyazaki's protégé Hiroyuki Morita, both on DVD for the first time in the UK from September 26th."</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewpress.php?showarticle=60">Read the full press release</a>.

I'm really looking forward to taking a look at both of these films, especially Nausicaa and this "The Birth Story Of Studio Ghibli Featurette" extra sounds very interesting!

im really looking forward to these two as ive only seen 3 flims so far from Studio Ghibli Collection and i liked them all. Cant wait to what the others are like.

Paul said:
I'm really looking forward to taking a look at both of these films, especially Nausicaa and this "The Birth Story Of Studio Ghibli Featurette" extra sounds very interesting!
the 'Birth of Studio Ghibli' definitely is fascinating, and it's good to see Optimum have included it on the R2 release. in fact these two would be the highlights of the September release schedule if there weren't so many others coming out around the same time. it's quite unfortunate that unforseen events have placed so many significant new releases in the same month but Nausicaa is really worth the purchase (but then i'm biased! ;) ).

I'm really looking forward to getting to watch these films, i remember seeing a trailer for The Cat Returns ages ago, be great to be able to watch some more Ghibli films

I'm glad to see that Optimum are releasing these. I'm hopefull that they'll be good releases.

Still, what I'm really waiting for is Howl's Moving Castle. I've heard that's really good.

Back