[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Not the most amazing Discotek Day ever but still I'm interested in at least 3 of the 4 releases here.

Fujiko's Lie is an instant buy, watched it over Xmas and loved it.

Nils Holgersson is a nice surprise, it's similar to alot of the World Masterpiece Theatre shows.

Lastly for me Anti-Magic looked like a decent show and it was surprising it got passed over at the time. While I prefer Discotek to release as much classic stuff as possible, it is nice to see them going back and picking up shows like this. Certainly a handful of titles I would like to see get released. Guess I can say the same for Angel's 3Piece, though that one doesn't interest me personally.

Discotek Media

The following titles are scheduled for 31st March 2020:

Angel's 3Piece
Japanese
Blu-ray only release - SRP: $39.95

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon
Japanese
Blu-ray only release - SRP: $39.95

Lupin The 3rd: Fujiko's Lie
English & Japanese
Blu-ray release - SRP: $24.95

The Wonderful Adventures Of Nils Holgersson
Japanese
Standard Definition on Blu-ray only release - SRP: $49.95​
Woah what, there's an anime of Nils Holgersson?? Mind blown. I grew up reading those books, as did my parents and their parents. It was super popular in Sweden.

Woah what, there's an anime of Nils Holgersson?? Mind blown. I grew up reading those books, as did my parents and their parents. It was super popular in Sweden.
It's also the first anime produced by studio Pierrot, just before they worked on the first half of Urusei Yatsura.

Wow... and directed by Mamoru Oshii!
It's not half as dry as Oshii's usual ouevre through.

I watched it on tv partly as a child before knowing it was Anime. Completed a full watch some 10 years ago. Is a rock solid child anime with a moral, much like the WMTs.

To the point that when iv watched it I thought. "Pierrot sure set downhill, when they started which such a solid entry."

Madman Anime May 2020 anime releases
Madman:
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) (Blu-ray)
Attack on Titan - Season 3 Part 2 (Eps 50-59) DVD / Blu-ray Combo (Limited Edition)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection (Blu-ray)
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly (Blu-ray)
Fate/stay Night: Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly (Blu-ray) (Limited Edition)
Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow (Blu-ray)
Naruto Shippuden Chakra Collection 3 (Eps 141-212)

Funimation AU:
Black Clover Season 2 Part 3 DVD / Blu-ray Combo
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
Yu Yu Hakusho Complete Season 4 (Eps 85-112) Steelbook (Blu-ray)

@Anime1977 - you always get me hyped for Cyber City when you are mentioning this topic. Let´s hope we also get the great english (!!!) intro and the synchronisation with all the swearing :D Thats my ideal combination ^^

I hope this doesn't get a UK release. If it does, it'll have to be cut as per the BBFC dictates, and if that happens, chances are that the AU release will share discs with the UK and be similarly cut. I want this show uncut on Region B.
Was it actually cut? I know it was supposed to be, but I’m fairly confident my old MVM DVD singles of the series show that scene in it’s entirety... Not that I’d want to get anyone into trouble, but I’m all for distributors disregarding the BBFC since firstly, I don’t like the fact they exist, and secondly it’s unlikely anyone would notice or complain anyway.

Was it actually cut? I know it was supposed to be, but I’m fairly confident my old MVM DVD singles of the series show that scene in it’s entirety... Not that I’d want to get anyone into trouble, but I’m all for distributors disregarding the BBFC since firstly, I don’t like the fact they exist, and secondly it’s unlikely anyone would notice or complain anyway.

Did you get the first print run? I think the first release of the series was uncut, but subsequent releases, when it went to collection form were cut. Certainly the check discs were uncut (the same thing happened with Battle Girls Time Paradox).

Back