[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai Filmworks October 2020 release slate:

Akame ga Kill! (Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook)
$99.98 SRP - All 24 episodes in English & Japanese - 27th October 2020

Beautiful Bones (Regular Blu-ray re-release)
$49.98 SRP - All 12 episodes in Japanese - 6th October 2020

ef ~ A Tale of Memories & Melodies (Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook)
$99.98 SRP - All 24 episodes in English & Japanese - 20th October 2020

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD)
$179.98 SRP - All 12 episodes & OVA in English & Japanese - 27th October 2020
Square Box (to match Season 1) with 56-Page Hardcover Book, 5 Art Cards, and a Paper Theater.

Negima! & Negima!? (Complete Collection Blu-ray)
$129.98 SRP - All 52 episodes & 2 OVAs in English & Japanese - 20th October 2020

PUNCH-LINE (Regular Blu-ray re-release)
$49.98 SRP - All 12 episodes in Japanese - 13th October 2020

Shirobako (Complete Collection Blu-ray)
$89.98 SRP - All 24 episodes in English & Japanese - 13th October 2020

Last edited:
I’ll likely pick up the Shirobako and Negima sets in the future. Now debating whether to eventually get DanMachi S2 and keep my S1 CE.

There is not a single new licence - only reprints of titles previously released and the new Shirobako dub.

However what makes me wonder: Why do they ommit the OVAs? They are avaiable for Licensing (as included in the German BD)

Oh! That's good to hear. I'll hold out then a bit to see what they announce with it. I have hopes for some kind of set there since they did so with the main series and Sword Oratario.
the main series was Manga, not MVM, but seeing as Sword Oratorio was a nice release, I can't see MVM not doing a CE for season II

Oh! That's good to hear. I'll hold out then a bit to see what they announce with it. I have hopes for some kind of set there since they did so with the main series and Sword Oratario.
MVM only have Sword Oratoria and Season 2 so far. Season 1 and the movie belong to Manga. Licensing sure is a mess lol

Crunchyroll has given you 24 hours to watch these 77 Sentai shows before deleting them.

Crunchyroll has given you 24 hours to watch these 77 Sentai shows before deleting them.

I see CR are doing their usual bang up job of informing people about delistings.

At least just about all of this is on Hi-Dive.

Some shows like AKB0048, tsuritama and Yuyushiki are only available on CR at the moment. Gonna have to binge Yuyushiki now as there's no way I can do both seasons of AKB0048 in a day. At least tsuritama has a UK release

Just gone through whole list, out of the ones that we had over here, here are the titles that aren't going to be available to stream legally anymore:

AKB0048
AKB0048: Next Stage
Amnesia
Aoharu x Machinegun
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation
Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom: Dawn of the Shinsengumi
RIN-NE [S2]
Tribe Cool Crew
Tsuritama
Uta no Prince Sama 2000%

The rest are available on HIDIVE, with the exception of The Dragon Dentist, which is available on All4 as a Dub Only title.

It's interesting that 95% is on HIDIVE, is this something that HIDIVE have "outbidded" Crunchyroll on, or do you think these titles will be disappear from HIDIVE too once the license expires?

OR do you think Funimation has managed to snag an exclusive license or something?

As several of the older titles are listed "no longer avaiable" on Rightstuf - or no longer listed at all at Rightstuf or Sentai Shop - one should expect that these will be gone soon.

Just gone through whole list, out of the ones that we had over here, here are the titles that aren't going to be available to stream legally anymore:

AKB0048
AKB0048: Next Stage
Amnesia
Aoharu x Machinegun
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation
Hakuoki ~ Demon of the Fleeting Blossom: Dawn of the Shinsengumi
RIN-NE [S2]
Tribe Cool Crew
Tsuritama
Uta no Prince Sama 2000%

The rest are available on HIDIVE, with the exception of The Dragon Dentist, which is available on All4 as a Dub Only title.

It's interesting that 95% is on HIDIVE, is this something that HIDIVE have "outbidded" Crunchyroll on, or do you think these titles will be disappear from HIDIVE too once the license expires?

OR do you think Funimation has managed to snag an exclusive license or something?
Aoharu x Machinegun should still be there as CR have that from Anime Limited here, not Sentai.

Just checked Hi-Dive there and Rin-ne seems to have disappeared from there as well, maybe the license has expired.

Aoharu x Machinegun should still be there as CR have that from Anime Limited here, not Sentai.

Just checked Hi-Dive there and Rin-ne seems to have disappeared from there as well, maybe the license has expired.
aH! I forgot about that. I'll re-add to my list now before I forget, thanks for the heads up!

As several of the older titles are listed "no longer avaiable" on Rightstuf - or no longer listed at all at Rightstuf or Sentai Shop - one should expect that these will be gone soon.
If they’re listed as such I believe that means they’re OOS and OOP. Sentai have been doing re-releases quite a lot recently so some titles May re-emerge later on (see Beautiful Bones as an example). Premium Editions, on the other hand, I don’t think would be re-printed.

Back