Rate the Last Film You Watched

Ferrari (2023) - Penélope Cruz is astonishingly good in this. There are scenes of her just sorting paperwork and you feel like you are watching the angriest person in all of Italy. It's oddly captivating. A lot of director Michael Mann's style is fully on display here. In a film that feels aimless but enjoyable for the most part. It does a good job of making Enzo Ferrari into a funny guy despite all the marital strife, bad press and financial woes building to a boil. Eventually you start to believe Adam Driver is actually much older than he actually is.

If you are interested in a sports drama or biopic then you have to see this in theatres. There is a scene in this that just stunned the entire audience into total silence after a loud gasp. I've been playing in my head every day since then. It is worth seeing for that alone.

7/10

Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths part 1 (of 3)

God damn what an amazing film. A rare 10/10 from me. Lived up to the hype.

Flash being the world's biggest gigachad caught in glorious 4k. And amazingly they validated everything, even House of Mystery. The tomorrowverse was secretly cooking when no one believed. The only flaw was ironically from how the last movie (Justice League warworld) abruptly ended leaving this one to pick up a few pieces.

Part 2 soon pls.

Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths part 1 (of 3)

God damn what an amazing film. A rare 10/10 from me. Lived up to the hype.

Flash being the world's biggest gigachad caught in glorious 4k. And amazingly they validated everything, even House of Mystery. The tomorrowverse was secretly cooking when no one believed. The only flaw was ironically from how the last movie (Justice League warworld) abruptly ended leaving this one to pick up a few pieces.

Part 2 soon pls.
Nice heads up.
I'm a fan of DC's animated stuff.

Always like hearing that someone enjoyed a film enough to give it 10/10.

Just came back from seeing Dune part 2. Worthy followup to the original imo. There were a few jump cuts which felt a bit awkward near the middle (the fast travel phenomenon).

Just like the first movie I'm sure you will hate it if you read the book but I don't have that pleasure so I was forced to enjoy it :p

Just came back from seeing Dune part 2. Worthy followup to the original imo. There were a few jump cuts which felt a bit awkward near the middle (the fast travel phenomenon).

Just like the first movie I'm sure you will hate it if you read the book but I don't have that pleasure so I was forced to enjoy it :p
I also watched Dune pt.2 last week, for some weird reason I didn't like it as much as pt.1 but it was still damn good!
I definitely enjoyed both (apart from some questionable casting choices🤦‍♂️), but yeah I liked the first one more too. The book remains my favourite from my school days so the movies did have a lot to live up to but I was reassured with them being in Villeneuve's hands. Knowing his skills and as a fan of the books, I was however really sad that he didn't put in some fantastic phantasmagorical scenes of Paul's visions of the numerous possible timelines and their potential outcomes. These were probably the one thing from the book that I was looking forward to the most😔. Nevermind, still a great adaptation of the book.

I've read all of Herbert Snr's Dune books and loved them but now I may even be tempted to give his son's books on the series a shot heh. The age of Marvel has certainly helped with adaptations of sci fi classics previously thought unfilmable, including the excellent Foundation series.

Just saw Godzilla x Kong.

That was some Showa series levels of nonsense but it was fun. I rate it Showa / 10

No pink Godzilla was a totally meaningless power up, as matter of fact it was a Kong movie first and foremost guest starring Godzilla.

Back