Recent Downtime (11/02/2018) – Forum Upgrade

Wow, fast work on the avatars, Teapot! Yay!! Well, bigger, but not allowing tall rectangular avatars as of yet - but still better than those tiny avs.
Seconded, but at the risk of making enemies I'd actually be in favour of keeping them square. The long avatars tended to add extra blank space to the bottom of people's posts and I'm not sure how good it would look with the new mobile theme that puts the avatars above posts rather than beside them.

F all those dang smartphones! This world needs to go back to flip phones - with no internet or social media. :mad:

Hey, I can just page you and you can go find a callbox on a street corner to call me. :p

Lol, guess I'm showing my age... but sometimes I'd just like to yank those phones out of both my daughter's hands and flush them down the toilet! Grrr!

Last edited:
My main issues with smartphones are that they can be dropped and have to be navigated using fingers. I mean how old-fashioned is that? Bring on HoloLens and AR-AUKN. We're getting there, slowly.

Is there still some work being done on the alert emails? They kind of seem to be flagged as spam and then not and then again to and again not.... by my mail provider. (Though I could live with it. Right after the update they were all flagged as phishing.)

Is there still some work being done on the alert emails? They kind of seem to be flagged as spam and then not and then again to and again not.... by my mail provider. (Though I could live with it. Right after the update they were all flagged as phishing.)
That's interesting – we changed providers when we moved, but theoretically it should have gotten more stable, not less. I will look into it, and I'll probably move us to a more reliable provider.

That's interesting – we changed providers when we moved, but theoretically it should have gotten more stable, not less. I will look into it, and I'll probably move us to a more reliable provider.
I got 5 alert mails in the last twenty minutes. 2 (The General Conversation Area and What did you receive today?) have been flagged as spam. These mails pretty much came in flagged in alternative turns. From the looks of it, the flagged ones all tend to come from the random chit chat area?

I got 5 alert mails in the last twenty minutes. 2 (The General Conversation Area and What did you receive today?) have been flagged as spam. These mails pretty much came in flagged in alternative turns. From the looks of it, the flagged ones all tend to come from the random chit chat area?
That makes sense, given the contents. Thanks for letting me know :)

I got some more spam flagged ones from the marketplace area. But then, As if my mail provider wanted to ayase, this thread got flagged, lol. Shortly after marketplace and chit chat stopped being flagged.
Intriguing.

I don't know if it's me or not, but when I try to upload a new avatar using my Kindle. I just get an endless loading screen on the choose image page.

No sure if this is the right place to put this, but Firefox is having trouble accessing the main page of the site. I'm getting a message saying: "Your connection is not secure".

No sure if this is the right place to put this, but Firefox is having trouble accessing the main page of the site. I'm getting a message saying: "Your connection is not secure".
You mean the home page, with the articles? It's reporting as valid for me, but I'll take a look in Firefox and see if I can find the problem. Thanks for the heads up 👍

So I just got a notification that a user quoted my post, only to click the link and have it direct to a different users' post that had been replied to. I wonder why this happened- a site glitch?

Back