Recent Downtime (11/02/2018) – Forum Upgrade

I don't like change :p
We need anime style smilies, here's my (very) rough Gurren Lagann inspired Cool smiley: _20180211_111017.JPG

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 1, 2
Hello
Code:
No BASIC, it's the only code I know.
10 PRINT "HELLO"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
What's the eraser looking button do. Also the save/delete draft buttons have gone. I had to rewrite a lot of this because the page refreshed after I went to a different app to draw my modern classic!

What's the eraser looking button do.
It removes any formatting (bold, italic, etcetera) on your posts. A similar function existed on the old forums, albeit elsewhere in the toolbar.

Also the save/delete draft buttons have gone.
They still exist, they're just hidden on mobile by default. I've tweaked the autosave settings to save more frequently, so you shouldn't need to use the draft save functionality manually most of the time.

They still exist, they're just hidden on mobile by default. I've tweaked the autosave settings to save more frequently, so you shouldn't need to use the draft save functionality manually most of the time.
Weird that it disappeared if the autosave is still there. That's saved me many a time before! Just come back to this reply on a different tab from the one I started the reply so does seem to be working, must have been a one off.

We need anime style smilies, here's my (very) rough Gurren Lagann inspired Cool smiley:
_20180211_111017-jpg.2563
Ha, haa! Why, if it isn't that paragon of masculinity himself, Kamina. I love it.

I don't like change :p
We need anime style smilies, here's my (very) rough Gurren Lagann inspired Cool smiley: View attachment 2563

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 1, 2
Hello
Code:
No BASIC, it's the only code I know.
10 PRINT "HELLO"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
What's the eraser looking button do. Also the save/delete draft buttons have gone. I had to rewrite a lot of this because the page refreshed after I went to a different app to draw my modern classic!
We so need a smiley like that!

@Teapot

Is there any way of forcing users who don't have avatars to have the old default avatar?

At the moment it just gives users a generic /First letter of your username/ type avatar... Bugging me ;)

@Teapot

Is there any way of forcing users who don't have avatars to have the old default avatar?

At the moment it just gives users a generic /First letter of your username/ type avatar... Bugging me ;)
This is a deliberate change, I'm afraid, as it allows readers to easily tell users without avatars apart from each other. There's no way to change it back on a per-user basis right now, sorry.

well, this is certainly different. I logged in on PC and it seems... garish? minimalist? I don't know. this so much looks like it's a better fit for phones, like they've heard people having problems with typing on their phone and just went full that-a-way

Another difference I'm noticing: alerts no longer pop up automatically. You have to refresh the page to check for them. (On Android, anyway — haven't had the chance to try it on a PC yet.)

Another difference I'm noticing: alerts no longer pop up automatically. You have to refresh the page to check for them. (On Android, anyway — haven't had the chance to try it on a PC yet.)
That's correct, yes – I'm looking at restoring this functionality when I can.

New site functionality wont let me upload images 😔
Also, I've fixed this issue – you can now upload images up to 8MB, and they should process/resize correctly now.

Testing whether pasting in images from Google works on Android:

Redirect Notice

Hmm, still just creates a redirect notice.
Looks like you pasted a link, not a URL. https://goo.gl/images/bDbe2D seems to be a web page, you'll need to link directly to the image in question (it'll end in an extension like .jpg, .png, or .gif). :)

you'll need to link directly to the image in question
Any ideas on how that's done? On a PC, you just right-click on the image on Google, copy, then right-click in your post and paste in the image.

Even on the previous forum, on Android, I'd share the image from Google to my clipboard, go back to my post, tap the image tool, paste into the box, and it would just create a red X icon in the finished post.

I take it I'm doing this all wrong. Please excuse my ignorance!

Any ideas on how that's done? On a PC, you just right-click on the image on Google, copy, then right-click in your post and paste in the image.

Even on the previous forum, on Android, I'd share the image from Google to my clipboard, go back to my post, tap the image tool, paste into the box, and it would just create a red X icon in the finished post.

I take it I'm doing this all wrong. Please excuse my ignorance!

Get the image, right click and press copy image address, like so

cicxOI3.png

Then, click the insert image button in the message editor and click 'By URL', then paste the link.

Back