Returning To The Fray..

FeyFortuna

Completely Average High School Student
Hello Everyone!

A long time anime/ manga fan looking to meet and chat after a long absence from the scene. I've not been completely celibate, but I'm not on the level I was a few years back. Unfortunately all the people I use to chat with I either no longer know or have moved on.
We all know there is no real moving on..

My interest started back with Card Captors & Dragon Ball ( yes two vastly different shows), fully evolved with Shugo Chara (we all have dark pasts ok) then just ran rampant from there. I remember a friend introducing me to One Piece and saying I should read the manga first, a week later I was up-to-date, much to his disbelief, obsessed and fully versed in pirate. My reading binges were never under estimated again from then on.

Que now and I am a lot more relaxed than my teen years but now out of date on all forms of what is new and upcoming, what can be watched if you liked such a show, etc
I am a ship adrift and a little lost.

To name a few shows I like, Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Yuri on Ice, Onepiece, Nanatsu no taizai, and I am so excited for the new Fruits Basket!!!

That's my bash at an intro, thank you for reading x

@FeyFortuna - hello and welcome!
👋😃

January seems to be "the" month for new members climbing aboard the good ship AUKN! 👍

Nice to meet you and hope you enjoy it here ✌️😊

I remember a friend introducing me to One Piece and saying I should read the manga first, a week later I was up-to-date, much to his disbelief, obsessed and fully versed in pirate. My reading binges were never under estimated again from then on.

Sounds very similar to my binge reading! :D

Welcome back to the site, I hope you enjoy your time with us. I can totally relate to liking shows from drastically different genres, so I hear you there. Sounds like you enjoy a good shonen series, so maybe check out The Promised Neverland which is airing atm.

I had to drop the anime during Dressrosa due to the poor pacing and the manga has been a breeze to read since. Oda’s artwork is great.

Ive only just got past 500 so haven't seen how bad the pacing gets yet. Planning to buy the first manga box set soon anyway. 😊

It's new year resolution time....
1. Exercise more.
2. Eat healthier.
3. Join anime forum.
🤗

Ok who gave you my list of resolutions O.O
Literally in order too...... what power do you have....

Sounds very similar to my binge reading! :D

Welcome back to the site, I hope you enjoy your time with us. I can totally relate to liking shows from drastically different genres, so I hear you there. Sounds like you enjoy a good shonen series, so maybe check out The Promised Neverland which is airing atm.

Oooo a new recommendation, I absolutely will! Yes I have no preference on genre its all about the story, music and art :)
I also appreciate a fellow binge reader, its a true talent ;)

Ive only just got past 500 so haven't seen how bad the pacing gets yet. Planning to buy the first manga box set soon anyway. 😊

I agree with HWR, as much as anime can offer occasional subplot that's not in the manga, One Piece manga is just so good, plus a certain ARC at the mo seems to have been going on forever...... :rolleyes: Look at it that when the anime catches up you can skip the useless filler, staller episodes and watch the relevant ones!

Back