ROD The TV

Mangaminx

Stand User
After chatting about this in irc , decided now its had it's UK release it definately deserves a thread for itself.

For those of you who have no idea what the show is about and havent seen the OVA either.
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1245 ... e_tv_.html

After watching the first disc , I am really in love with the series , great charecters , beautiful animation . Hopefully I'm not in a minority here in liking it. Having only seen four episodes that were heavily charecter orientated rather than action ( which was still good ) , im hoping for a bit more excitement in later volumes of the series ( maybe some of you who have seen the show on fansub or on R1 dvd can confirm that ) .

Mangaminx said:
After chatting about this in irc , decided now its had it's UK release it definately deserves a thread for itself.

For those of you who have no idea what the show is about and havent seen the OVA either.
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1245 ... e_tv_.html

After watching the first disc , I am really in love with the series , great charecters , beautiful animation . Hopefully I'm not in a minority here in liking it. Having only seen four episodes that were heavily charecter orientated rather than action ( which was still good ) , im hoping for a bit more excitement in later volumes of the series ( maybe some of you who have seen the show on fansub or on R1 dvd can confirm that ) .

Finally, a ROD thread! (You knew I liked it, anyway;that's two thus far)

I love most the OVA (as my ugly avatar shows) and the TV series, they just have the perfect balance of everything being right. So far this year, Vol 1's been my favourite DVD release, and that's just one volume.

Highly recommended to everyone!

I really liked the quiet feel of the opening episodes (although I seem to be mostly alone in this ...), but it does get more "exciting" later on. They even introduce a plot later. A great series, and with a truly brilliant English dub, too.

I've seen about 1/3 of the series so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely going to try and pick it up now that it's finally here.

Gah, Animé is a cash draining hobby.

yeah, i really enjoyed the first disc (note to Paul: i promise to get the review sent off in the next few days!) and even though it's a bit of a slow starter it has all the makings of a great series with cool characters and nice looking animation. i look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Although I initially didn't plan to get ROD the TV straightaway, now I'm glad I did- the characters are great and I'm looking forward to some more paper-wielding action in future volumes, as well finding out what happened with the OVA characters...

I was a bit scepticle about whether i was going to enjoy it or not, but i'm glad to say i was pleasantly surprised. The action in the first episode grabed my attention enough to get me interested, the next two didn't have much action but the focus on the characters although slow remained quite entertaining with the aid of comedy, and finally i really enjoyed the last episode on the disk, i really didn't think i was going to like Anita as a character (i usually have a hatred for that type of bossy, domineering girl characters) but i think i enjoyed this episode the most, it had some action, it added some more mystery, and left me wanting to watch the next dvd

Its my fave series. Well its sharing that spot with FMA now ;)

I like it so much, im double dipping o the UK release, since ive been getting it from the US (one more volume, ship damn you)

Colin said:
I really liked the quiet feel of the opening episodes (although I seem to be mostly alone in this ...), but it does get more "exciting" later on. They even introduce a plot later. A great series, and with a truly brilliant English dub, too.

I did like the opening episodes , but I do like my action , so its good to hear it does get a fair share of it later in the series. And I have to agree with you on the dub , one of the best I've heard this year.

shame it doesnt have the same dub actors as the OVA, which has what is easilly one of the best dubs every made, its still pretty good though

Back