Series review: Big O - Season One

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
As if the likes of Gundam and Evangelion aren't enough for you mecha junkies, Stuart Bullen has produced a beaming review of the first season of the Big O; another series that has yet to see a UK DVD release despite airing on UK TV (Toonami) last year.<ul class="menu2">"The Big O is a captivating mecha-noir that marries a mature stylish storyline with enough intrigue and action to satiate even the most discerning of pallets, it may skimp on the exposition in places but if you're willing to overcome this most middling of trivialities you will discover one of the best mecha titles currently available to own on DVD."</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=194">Read the full review</a>.

aahh big o the only anime that my dad would watch with me

i loved big o i thought it was the great

the character designs, the big o its self the freakish old man in the santa suit on the christmas episode
it was great

I never really got into Big O. i wasnt overly keen on the style. far too 'Batman-ish'. at first when i watched it i wasnt really sure if it WAS japanese or if it was american putting on a fake accent. ^_^

but with giant mecha like that and a 'robo-girl' that seems to be doing a good impression of a cirtain Paranoid Android, what else could it be?

Good stuff, if a bit inconsistent. It can be good and bad in equal measure, but the good stuff is usually very good. I haven't got round to finishing watching it, still on ep 18, despite owning it since last year.

Back