Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

@Geriatric hedgehog:
It seems to me that though there's not much demand at the moment for a simulwatch of Neon Genesis Evangelion, there's interest there for Rebuild. So how about a Rebuild simulwatch in the run-up to 3.0+1.01's Amazon Prime Video release, and in the meantime the both of us can just watch Neon Genesis ourselves and perhaps share thoughts over in The Evangelion thread, kind of like what @ayase and @João Gomes did recently with Darling in the FranXX in the Miscellaneous mecha discussion thread?

How does that sound?
Yeah that sounds good to me and makes more sense to delay the full series to when more peeps are interested in watching.
I'm not going to join for eva I've seen it fairly recently, and didn't think much of the rebuild films personally speaking.
Heheh, I hope we can convince you to join in the main series simulwatch and who knows maybe, just maybe, it'll grow on you. I certainly was confused on my first watch almost two decades back but went straight back to re-watch a few times and absolutely loved it!
Tempted as I am to have something else to join in with, I’m not sure there’s a whole lot more I can say about Eva I haven’t said before. Would definitely read though, and Hell, I wasn’t going to join the Gurren Lagann simulwatch and look what happened...
Heheh don't blame you, it is hard to resist a series like that. And I'm glad you did as your screenshots were a great touch. I'm definitely a fan of livening up the simulwatch threads with some pretty pictures heh.

Heheh, I hope we can convince you to join in the main series simulwatch and who knows maybe, just maybe, it'll grow on you. I certainly was confused on my first watch almost two decades back but went straight back to re-watch a few times and absolutely loved it!

I enjoyed the main series (although enjoy is objective when talking about eva and it's themes) it's the rebuild films I wasn't fussed on. Maybe it was because I had seen the main series + EoE more recently, but I didn't feel like I needed a different version of events.

coming back to the simulwatch, is the plan to do one for the Rebuild movies after the next week still on?
It is for me at least, dude. Definitely. 👍

I was thinking that, rather than going to the bother of creating a thread for it, we could just post our thoughts in The Evangelion thread.

How about something like 1.11 on 7th August, 2.22 on the 9th, 3.33 on the 11th, and then 3.0+1.01 for the 13th as an idea for a schedule?

Tagging @WMD, @D1tchd1gger and @Professor Irony as well.

I was thinking that, rather than going to the bother of creating a thread for it, we could just post our thoughts in The Evangelion thread.

How about something like 1.11 on 7th August, 2.22 on the 9th, 3.33 on the 11th, and then 3.0+1.01 for the 13th as an idea for a schedule?

Sounds good to me

Good plan, let's go with that then.

Definitely interested, but I don't own any of the films, so I'm very much at the mercy of whatever Amazon puts up.
Good point, it would make sense for them to release the first 3 earlier but I don't recall seeing any dates mentioned and the app doesn't have any info at all last I checked...

I'll watch when I can as close to release as possible. Can't remember what I'm working, but shifts are normally all over the place and I watch what I can fit in.
I do know that on the 7th I'm doing an early shift and then I'm off to my mates birthday party, but got the next day off!

I would like to join in and watch Evangelion if the time of day is suitable.
We dont actually watch at the exact same time. We pick a day and everyone watches that day and then writes up their thoughts afterwards in the appropriate thread and then discusses it.

If we are watching a series then there will be specific episodes on certain days and we ask people not to spoil future events ahead of where the simulwatch is.

We dont actually watch at the exact same time. We pick a day and everyone watches that day and then writes up their thoughts afterwards in the appropriate thread and then discusses it.

If we are watching a series then there will be specific episodes on certain days and we ask people not to spoil future events ahead of where the simulwatch is.
1628195408000.png

I've posted the Anthem of the Heart thread here: Anthem of the Heart simulwatch [RS] (27- 31st August)

Having spoken with @Neil.T we are going to try out a separate Renegade Simulwatch thread for discussing what it is to be watched, and for the schedule, but I would like to carry on linking closely with this one, and I don't want to tread on toes as to what is being simulwatched here vs the renegade one.

I will probably create the thread on the weekend when I have more time, but for now I've created the two upcoming RS simulwatch threads.

With the article about Clamp posted today I was wondering if there'd be any interest in watching xxxholic at some point. Maybe an October simulwatch as its full of spirits. Anyone interested?

I'll also post this in the other simulwatch threads to gauge interest.

It's just a passing thought, but as I believe a decent number of people bought the Kickstarter set, would anyone be up for watching the Megazone 23 films as a simulwatch? Wouldn't be a big investment of time, could be a reasonably interesting thing to discuss, I don't have to suffer the third one alone etc.

Back