Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

Just to get the ball rolling on the Garden of Sinners conversation. The Shiki Simulwatch ends on the 6th October, would people be happy to start it the weekend after which would be on the 9th? Also since it's a series of movies instead of episodes would it still be a daily simulwatch or would it be better to move it to weekly? And of course the most important question who is interested?

Just to get the ball rolling on the Garden of Sinners conversation. The Shiki Simulwatch ends on the 6th October, would people be happy to start it the weekend after which would be on the 9th? Also since it's a series of movies instead of episodes would it still be a daily simulwatch or would it be better to move it to weekly? And of course the most important question who is interested?
I'm up for GoS. Personally once a week would feel way too slow! And most of the films are fairly short. I'd be fine (prefer) with one a day to be honest but even once every other day would be fine

2 days sounds like a good compromise. There are 8 films in the boxset (the 9th can't really be seen legitimately so I'm not counting it). so the timeline would look like this:

9th - 11th - 13th - 15th - 17th - 19th - 21st - (23rd**)

**For people that haven't seen these before the 8th film is actually about 5-10 minutes long. I would propose we combine it with the 7th on the 21st.

EDIT: I looked up the run time and was surprised to see it's actually 33mins. Not sure if that counts the credits though, it is very short either way.

Thread made

I added the 8th film to the day afterwards. I figure movie 7 is still 2 hours long so it might be annoying for people to go straight into the finale after sitting through a 2 hour movie but your not waiting 2 days to watch what is essentially a small epilogue given it's own disc. Let me know if you guys prefer the other way for that though.

Tagging @Neil.T to let him know we have plans in place.
Thanks, man. The link to the Garden of Sinners thread has been added to this thread's opening post. 👍

For what it's (not) worth, I don't have access to the series, so I'll have to give it a miss.

While I'm here, I was having a think about the potential Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch. For anyone who'd be interested in joining in, how would the week leading up to Halloween suit? I'd come up with the same kind of schedule idea as Vincent did for Sinners, one film every other day, so how about something like...
  • Seoul Station: Mon 25 October
  • Train to Busan: Wed 27 October
  • Peninsula: Fri 29 October
I selfishly picked those days because they're days off work for me 😛, but how does that sound? It also leaves a gap of a few days after Sinners finishes.

Thanks, man. The link to the Garden of Sinners thread has been added to this thread's opening post. 👍

For what it's (not) worth, I don't have access to the series, so I'll have to give it a miss.

While I'm here, I was having a think about the potential Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch. For anyone who'd be interested in joining in, how would the week leading up to Halloween suit? I'd come up with the same kind of schedule idea as Vincent did for Sinners, one film every other day, so how about something like...
  • Seoul Station: Mon 25 October
  • Train to Busan: Wed 27 October
  • Peninsula: Fri 29 October
I selfishly picked those days because they're days off work for me 😛, but how does that sound? It also leaves a gap of a few days after Sinners finishes.
Sounds good. I ordered the series today too!

Thread made

I added the 8th film to the day afterwards. I figure movie 7 is still 2 hours long so it might be annoying for people to go straight into the finale after sitting through a 2 hour movie but your not waiting 2 days to watch what is essentially a small epilogue given it's own disc. Let me know if you guys prefer the other way for that though.
Awesome sauce and very much looking forward to this one. Good plan for a movie ever couple of days.

Let's throw it out there, then:

Anyone want to help turn Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun into a simulwatch sometime?

gets out plunger and jumbo 12 pack of loo rolls :cool:

...wait... I'm really bad at simulwatches 😭 I hope that someone else who's better at them steps up to the plate though! :) (and I do own the first season on BD so there's like a 1% chance that I'll manage to join in 😛).

Back