Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

Hi, folks. Just a quick reminder that our Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch starts tomorrow with the original live-action film of the same name. The link to the thread that'll be hosting it can be found in the opening post of this thread, under the list of Upcoming simulwatches, and there's still time yet to climb aboard if you fancy tagging along for the ride.

I've got my Blu-ray box set sitting right here, all ready for departure. Anyone else excited/scared yet? 😁😨

Just want to ask, what is the forums opinion on Boogiepop Phantom? this one is sounding interesting to me, and might be a cool blind buy during the sale.
I bumped it up my Funimation watchlist after the AL announcement and I'm loving it so far with the first quarter watched. As others have said, it has a very Lain feel to it (not just from the nineties aesthetic heh and the Funimation app upload seems to be of pretty bad quality unless I'm missing something... Hope the AL release is better). It seems relatively dense with its plotting that I feel we should add that to the next Halloween simulwatch list @Neil.T or @Lordhippos.

I bumped it up my Funimation watchlist after the AL announcement and I'm loving it so far with the first quarter watched. As others have said, it has a very Lain feel to it (not just from the nineties aesthetic heh and the Funimation app upload seems to be of pretty bad quality unless I'm missing something... Hope the AL release is better). It seems relatively dense with its plotting that I feel we should add that to the next Halloween simulwatch list @Neil.T or @Lordhippos.
I have such a backlog that I honestly wouldn't mind leaving it in the selophane for a whole year to simulwatch it lmao.

We can dress like Ayuma when he transforms into a magical girl in Is this a Zombie lol

View attachment 21359

One of you guys can do Lugh from World's Finest Assassin - His dress goes well with Ayuma's hair bows...

FDe8saGXoAE2SWP

just found out the date for the release in the cinema of the new Hosoda film, Belle (4/2).
So if we want to do a Hosoda season it would need to start sharpish as there's only 26 days to watch 5 films (Girl Who, Wars, Wolf, B&B and Mirai) plus others if people want to watch his franchise films (Digimon and One Piece).
Quoting this here to gauge interest in @D1tchd1gger's suggestion above.

Any takers?

I'd defo join for Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and his One Piece film. I dont really like Mirai and not sure whether I'd bother with the other 2 or not.

I'm game for Hosodathon, but I don't have OP nor Digimon, so I'll stick to his other 5 films (can't watch Belle, either).

I've watched Girl, Summer Wars and Beast before so that leaves Wolf and Mirai as first watches.

I'd certainly be up for a Hosodathon too but as I just mentioned in the other thread, maybe people would consider watching it after Belle's physical release? I too don't have the Digimon or OP films, and doubt would watch given my unfamiliarity with both those franchises unless of course that's not required and they're easy to stream somewhere.

Sounds like a fair amount of people interested. I'll set up a thread tomorrow.
It'll be something like 4 days per film which will leave a few days before Belle comes out for those who want to watch the other films (I haven't got any of those myself as I haven't watched anything of either franchise). Of course people can pick and choose what they want to watch and to a certain extent the time (ie if you can't watch during the 4 days for the specific film) apart from Belle itself, of course, because you'll be restricted to the showtimes near you.

watching it after Belle's physical release?
I thought of doing it now because I haven't seen the last 2 since my first watch (4 years for B&B and 3 and a bit since it came out in the cinema for Mirai), also haven't watched the other 3 in while either. But the thread will still be here in a years(?) time when it comes out physically, if people remember it exists!

I think I'll need to pass this time as I don't have any of these unfortunately
The first 3 are on Funimation thanks to them buying out Manga. The Boy and the Beast was Studio Canal and Mirai AL, but are available to rent on Amazon. There's a page for B&B on Funimation, so if you have a digital passport it's probably available in the US.

Back