Site resurrection weirdness, Eyeonanime?

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
I used to visit Eyeonanime years ago, it was a nice, homey site that really thrived best in the DVD age. Just out of curiosity I clicked the old dead link, and found some content on there. Not a lot, but some. Anyone know what's going on? Is it a genuine nostalgia trip, or has someone bought the domain, scooped and reformatted some content from the Wayback Machine, and it's all some kind of a spoof?

or has someone bought the domain, scooped and reformatted some content from the Wayback Machine
Certainly looks that way, given that it just seems like one rambling post made up of multiple old ones cobbled together. Very weird. Probably the only way to really find out is if anyone has contact details for the original owners.

I remember this site, and especially the unique purple design! All of the different UK anime sites back then had such unique styles, mostly because frameworks like WordPress weren't as popular/didn't exist and therefore the designs weren't as homogenised as they are today.

Anyway, this looks very much like a fake to me, and some of the writing on there is sending my brain in a loop:

Top anime sports can be both very long and extremely short. That is why it all depends on your pick. The anime sports recommendations that we presented are quite diverse. As a result, you can choose the right option for you, depending on your own preferences as well as requirements.

or... "How to write text at the same time as saying nothing at all".

Regardless, I got a nostalgia hit from this thread. I remember UKanime.com being quite popular back then too! :)

Old, dead forums are as sad and sometimes treasure filled as sunken ships found at the bottom of the ocean. Little makes me feel as melancholic as dead forums that were once clearly thriving hubs but now lie desolate as a post apocalyptic city. I found a a forum a few weeks ago where there was a thread nostalgically collating pics and posts about London street style of yesteryears, however this thread was from six years ago and the whole forum is a ghost town now and I felt as nostalgic about the strange forum as I did the historical style pics.

It's a crying shame twitter replaced forums to a large extent, the world and its collective mental health is way worse as a result.

Old, dead forums are as sad and sometimes treasure filled as sunken ships found at the bottom of the ocean. Little makes me feel as melancholic as dead forums that were once clearly thriving hubs but now lie desolate as a post apocalyptic city. I found a a forum a few weeks ago where there was a thread nostalgically collating pics and posts about London street style of yesteryears, however this thread was from six years ago and the whole forum is a ghost town now and I felt as nostalgic about the strange forum as I did the historical style pics.

It's a crying shame twitter replaced forums to a large extent, the world and its collective mental health is way worse as a result.
The only thing more depressing than a dead forum is a broken one. There are forums where I spent most of my online time that are now inaccessible, either because they went offline and the Wayback Machine can't display pages that require a login, or because server updates rendered some part of the forum code obsolete. Monster Zero died abruptly two years ago because of the latter. One day it suddenly became impossible to make new posts, and any old ones that included code (even just quoting another post) disappeared.

Such a shame when forums die, worse when they're totally wiped off the internet

I joined Neo Mag forums on the 2nd September 2011 and here on the 3rd December 2011 (Although I only started using this forum around mid-2018)

Neo Mag was the first forum that got me into Anime, that went under in 2012 and finally closed in 2013. Now you can't even get on neomag.co.uk anymore!

Few of us went on to a proboards forum Home | Neo Zeta what actually got a pretty good few years (2013~2015) considering it was only 30 members. That forum (Along with another I used quite a lot) got abandoned thanks to Twitter and Facebook.

Also went over to UK-Anime what lasted a good few years. Another forum thats now long gone :( I would love to find what date I joined but I either can't find the correct URL or they turned off google tracking as its not in the wayback machine. I think I was there 2013~2018

And now the only forum I use is this. Everything else is Facebook groups or Twitter. Whats a shame as there is no real archive anywhere

It seems almost all of the Oh My Goddess forums are gone now, mostly because of lack of interest I would imagine. What a shame.........!! As for twitter, facebook et al-no thanks.

Back