SLA Edinburgh 2019 Line-up

Not a bad line-up by any means, certainly things I'm excited to see!

So far we've booked to see:

Ride Your Wave
Human Lost
Children of the Sea
Weathering with You
Birthday Wonderland
Mystery Film
Psycho-Pass SS Films 1-3
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection
Promare

Hopefully Promare is not also the mystery film if the Monday showing is the second one. D: Although worst case we'll just see it twice, it's Trigger so I'm sure it wouldn't be the worst thing to see twice. It's a shame there is no legal way to watch the other two Geass recap movies, but shouldn't be a massive issue either way.

It seems Promare clashes with Birthday Wonderland and the Mystery Film. That's gonna be a tough choice, especially with it costing £30 per person.

It seems Promare clashes with Birthday Wonderland and the Mystery Film. That's gonna be a tough choice, especially with it costing £30 per person.

It certainly sounds like it's worth the £30, but if you care about Birthday Wonderland and the potential Mystery Film it's probably easier just to catch the screening of it on Monday.

I think the mystery film is the same in Glasgow and Edinburgh, though maybe @anime_andrew could confirm? For people who live locally, or were planning on visiting for both weekends it would probably be viable to do the Promare event and fill in the gaps at the GFT.

I can't help but notice despite never planning to attend in any form, you find time every year to critique our line-up. If I were to charge tickets for the privilege I'd make a guaranteed sale every year from you 😂,
Well I would only travel if there was enough stuff to hold my interest if I had planned this year in advance I would be not pleased. Because Id see three films have to pirate to see another and also where is Penguin Highway been waiting a year to see that but nowhere near Wales was granted the privilege of seeing that film.

Clearly it wasn’t feasible with the Japanese BD out so soon after SLA last year, just import from GKIDS Or wait and import from Madman.
Yet Anemones BD is out, All of PP will be out as well I think that argument is weak unless its HF which is a subbed BD but they tried to get that too but like Penguin Highway no fansubbed till it now. So I could illegally watch it now I wont but In Feburary you couldn't.

Well I would only travel if there was enough stuff to hold my interest if I had planned this year in advance I would be not pleased. Because Id see three films have to pirate to see another

Whatever you say there really :rolleyes:. We see a similar version of the above everyyyyy year now - you'll always find a reason to justify not going and complain :). Prove me wrong and come along sometime though, by all means!

and also where is Penguin Highway been waiting a year to see that but nowhere near Wales was granted the privilege of seeing that film.

If you'd paid attention before when we've discussed events outside of Scotland, you'd remember you have a festival on your own doorstep in Wales - if you did remember you'd see it's screening Penguin Highway soon - so your wish is granted! Check out their lovely programme below - I've linked it to make it super easy too:

Kotatsu Film Festival in Cardiff
Kotatsu Film Festival in Aberystwyth

That said, I'm guessing you're doing a solid job of strengthening my point above by not bothering to check your local events...

Best,

AP

I think it tells of a problem nobody promotes it. This forum don't one person did on this forum and I admittedly forgot about it. I will see Geass and Penguin Highway.

I think the mystery film is the same in Glasgow and Edinburgh, though maybe @anime_andrew could confirm? For people who live locally, or were planning on visiting for both weekends it would probably be viable to do the Promare event and fill in the gaps at the GFT.

Mystery film will be the same in both locations. :)

Coming from someone in the Netherlands where we rarely get the opportunity to see recent anime titles on the big screen, I think that's a pretty nice line-up and I'm very jelly.

Okay now everything is out I'm still only really looking to go see Weathering With You for sure, might go see Promare and will try get through to Glasgow for Redline.

I would love to go, but I'm not sure if I can afford it. Plus none of my friends can afford it. The closest festival to me is Leeds Film Festival, so I'm hoping some, if not all, of the films that I want to see will play there. (Or get a limited release)

Hopefully Promare is not also the mystery film if the Monday showing is the second one.
That absolutely won't be the case. The mystery film is never one of the films already announced in the line-up. :)
You'll be safe there.

EDIT: Okay, ignore my nonsense! 😅
Your Name was the mystery film (Glasgow only) in 2017, and was already listed for the following week's Edinburgh leg.

Promare won't be on the bill twice in one place, though, so rest assured!

Last edited:
I think it tells of a problem nobody promotes it. This forum don't one person did on this forum and I admittedly forgot about it. I will see Geass and Penguin Highway.
For the record, that was @~AyaMachi~ back in May:
Again, I'll mention Kotatsu. From what I hear, the line up tends to be similar to SLA, plus they hold workshops, stalls, as well as short film screenings; some of which SLA doesn't even get to showcase! This one's right on your doorstep, dude

(That Kotatsu line-up is really good, by the way, especially Cardiff.)

My current debate is the following: Do i go and see Promare on Saturday to celebrate 10 years of SLA, and 10 years i've been at the event, and miss two films(i have a sneaky feeling i know what the mystery film is), or do i see the two films and see Promare on Monday. It may seem straight forward, but the Biscuit Factory event sounds extremely enticing to me but i can't decide D:

Clearly you see the mystery film in Glasgow!

UwU

Any hints as to what you think it is?
It's quite possible that the film is HELLO WORLD, from director Tomohiko Itō (Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale). Anime Limited have already ruled out Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] II. Lost Butterfly, Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern Part 2, KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Crimson Legend, and Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl. There's also the film Her Blue Sky but the timing may prevent it from being the mystery film.

Back