So, what's for lunch?

I'm sitting at home in front of my computer, eating some leftover Garlic Butter wings and some french fries from Beanies Bar. I met my friend there Saturdy night, and specifically ordered enough wings and fries so I had leftovers to take home. I ate a few yesterday for lunch and finished them up today. Since I'm recovering from pancreas surgery, I can't eat very much in one sitting.

Are wings a thing in the UK at all? They are very popular here, especially as bar food. Beanies has a huge selection of wings to choose from, both dry and wet toppings. I usually get either Extra Hot or Suicide wings, as I love super-hot peppers, but after my surgery, I have to forgo that for a while yet. 😢

I don't have any photos, forgot to take any again, doh! So here's a few stock photos from the bar's FB page:

31178_418651848141_7993685_n.jpg

120925114_10158840006633142_377184541707479854_n.jpg

147437174_10159154562538142_1870128300259745933_n.jpg

Last edited:
I made a simple dish tonight (I hate cooking!)-steamed cauliflower mixed with a can of Campbell's Split Pea & Ham soup with some seasonings. It's much better than it sounds.

I made soup for dinner - swede, orange pepper and green onion pureed in the blender then boiled and simmered with double cream, salt, mixed herbs, pepper and smoked paprika (it's not spicy just adds flavour) :) I'm thinking of trying my hand at making bread since i have all the ingredients :)

I made a simple dish tonight (I hate cooking!)-steamed cauliflower mixed with a can of Campbell's Split Pea & Ham soup with some seasonings. It's much better than it sounds.

Sounds actually alright, a lot of these things are nice if you add some seasonings or extra veg and/or meat :)

I made some homemade oyster stew on the stovetop for lunch today, with a dozen fresh oysters, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and a generous amount of "oyster crackers" swimming around in the pond... :)

oysterstew3.jpg

oysterstew4.jpg

I also met my friend at Beanies bar last night again, and I actually remembered to take a photo this time around! I ordered a dozen X-tra Hot wings, a large order of fries, and a couple pints of Guinness. We both even had a shot of Patrón to cleanse our palates, lol.

beaniewings.jpg

Man, that's a real breakfast of champions right there. 😆👍

I just had toast, cereal and a couple of dark chocolate Digestive biscuits. 😋

Not my usual breakfast choice lol but I was just sooo hungry :F That sounds like a nice breakfast gets out reporter microphone and notepad/pen "Sir, what did u hav on ur toast and what cereal did u eat today?" :p

gets out reporter microphone and notepad/pen "Sir, what did u hav on ur toast and what cereal did u eat today?" :p
🗣️🎤

I had seeded bread, toasted, slathered with Sun-Pat crunchy peanut butter. My girlfriend usually has sliced banana on hers, but we were out of bananas this morning, a most dire situation that's now been remedied.

Cereal was maple-and-pecan flakes from Marks & Sparks. They've got bonus nuggets in them that are yoghurt-coated cornflakes. The Digestive biscuits finished off our three courses, all washed down with Tetley tea. Two sugars for me, one for her, with a dash of milk for us both.

A most triumphant breakfast. 🎸🎶🎵‼️
[Bill and Ted air guitar]

[takes microphone, turns it around]

And you, young miss? How was your chicken tower burger and cheesy chips, and would you recommend them to our viewers/listeners/readers?

😛

It was extremely delicious Neil, and I would recommend it to both sober and drunk people who want a hearty meal at 2am in the morning :) The cheesy chips had a good amount of cheese on them, and the chicken tower burger came with hash brown and a slice of 'Murican plastic cheese, as is customary :p

Last edited:
Plastic cheese?!! Hey now, we have real pasteurized processed American Cheese over here in Dairy Farm Country USA, lol - but yeah, at the grocery store we can still buy those big commercial-brands of plastic stuff the rest of the US have to eat! 🙂

Just teasing :p I meant that that specific kind of cheese is an American thing originally, ofc I know you have proper cheese in America :)

Back