So, what's for lunch?

Lol, I'm a weird bird when it comes to eating - my food can't be touching one another, it has to be arranged in separate piles on the plate - and I eat one thing at a time, until it is all gone, before moving on to the next item... :p

A ham sandwich on toasted wholemeal bread with each slice of bread fully buttered on the side that touches the meat :) It was heavenly, also I had a Snickers drink, a pack of tangy cheese doritos, and a Cornetto classic icecream - nuts and chocolate - a bit earlier, then slept cuz the sugar made me sleepy XP

My friend and I are the same age and our birthdays are only 8 days apart - mine on June 13 and his on June 21 - So the neighbor couple who comes over to watch anime in my theater took us both out for dinner today for our 61st birthdays. We did up a full Japanese-themed day - They took us to Issei Noodle in Lancaster (Pennsylvania, USA), about 10 miles from where we live, and I had my first true, authentic Ramen bowl, and oh my it was so good! Even better, I had Takoyaki (octopus balls) as an appetizer, and that was totally to die for!! We also ordered two small bottles of "Demon Slayer" sake with our meal.

Now I'll be able to better appreciate an appetizing bowl of ramen whenever I see it being served in an anime! 🤤

Issei Noodle entrance:
issei1.jpg

Ramen selection:
issei2.jpg

"Demon Slayer" sake
issei3.jpg

Takoyaki:
issei4.jpg

Black Garlic Ramen:
issei5.jpg

Ramen!! (I'm the ugly one in the back flailing the chopsticks!)
issei6.jpg

Open Wide and Say "Aaah..."
issei6b.jpg

The neighbors also ordered a half-dozen mochi donuts to take home with us. On the way home, the neighbor girl played some songs from a Japanese pop singer that she had downloaded to her phone, and when we got home, we went out on my back deck and had ourselves some "birthday" mochi donuts and listened to some Shingo Nakamura (Japanese Progressive House/Trance DJ) on my all-in-one computer.

Birthday mochi donuts!
issei7.jpg

Chilling on the deck to Shingo Nakamura
issei8b.jpg

Texting each other the photos we took at the noodle shop (Lol!)
issei9.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I actually forgot to post these pics - Two weeks after my friends and I went to Issei Noodle in Lancaster (see photo spread above), the four of us tried a second Ramen restaurant in the next town over from us, in Lititz, Pennsylvania. The shop is just located in a strip mall, so nothing fancy, but the food was just about as good as Issei. This time around I ordered the Spicy TanTan Raman, a side of Takoyaki again, and some melon-flavored Bubble Tea, with the big tapioca balls in the bottom to suck up though the fat straw and attack the back of your throat with, lol:

takoyaki2,jpg.jpg

tantanramen.jpg

Last edited:
And, to finish off with a triple post 😱, On Friday I just picked up a dozen Chesapeake Bay Steamed Crabs, smothered in Old Bay seasoning, from a crab shack I found located less than two miles from my work office in York. These are their small-sized crabs, couldn't afford the large ones - a dozen small are $40, and a dozen large are $70. The crab population in the bay area is slowly dwindling down, so the prices just keep going up and up, and steamed crabs are becoming more of a rare treat anymore. 🙁

dozencrabs,jpg.jpg

A piece of stone cold Coopland’s “pizza” unceremoniously stuffed into a paper bag so half the topping comes off because it better adheres to paper than to the pizza base, washed down with a cup of scalding, mildly coffee flavoured water after a visit to the jobcentre. Feeling particularly northern today.

A piece of stone cold Coopland’s “pizza” unceremoniously stuffed into a paper bag so half the topping comes off because it better adheres to paper than to the pizza base, washed down with a cup of scalding, mildly coffee flavoured water after a visit to the jobcentre. Feeling particularly northern today.

Unless you get masochistic enjoyment out of meals of this nature, I offer my sincerest commiserations :confused: ❤️

(Also wishing you all the best dealing with the jobcentre and finding a job that's alright and pays well) :)

I had wholewheat fusilli pasta boiled with peas (that were frozen prior to being cooked for this meal) and some scrambled fried eggs, cheddar cheese and brown onions with some green olives bunged in after cooking for extra 5 a day portion and flavour, all mixed together in a moderately bigg heccin' giant bowl :) It was very tasty and I feel better when I eat my veggies too :)

Back