The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Another time wasting visit to a random CEX, this time in Taunton (I get around)
Emma Season 2 (£6!)
Ranking of Kings part 1 (£6!)
Platinum End part 2 (£18 which isn't all that bad for current Crunchyroll pricing)

Quite a good store as they put all the blu ray anime in one section rather than having it spread out with the movie/other TV.

I see the store in Reading has a copy of season 1 of Emma so I might pay that a visit tomorrow if I get the chance as that's for £6 as well.

A Place Further Than the Universe CE early bird from Anime Limited.
Couldn't use the PayPal Pay in 3 for some reason. Either AL don't allow or something PayPal's end went wrong. Didn't miss a payment the other time I used it. Oh well, pay day so I had the money, but car insurance and driving license up for renewal so I thought pi3 would be a better option.

I decided to try making an order from Suruga-ya.com to import some Japanese anime. I have never used this site before for importing anime, but they are offering free EMS shipping this weekend, so it's a good opportunity to try them out. I ordered used copies of the two Japanese Limited Edition Blu-ray Box sets for a series I really enjoyed on Netflix many years ago, but which never got a physical release here in the US. These sets will of course not be English friendly.

Children of the Whales Limited Edition Blu-ray Box 1
Children of the Whales Limited Edition Blu-ray Box 2

childrenwhales1.jpg
childrenwhales2.jpg

Ordered from Ebay:

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Season 1 (LE Blu-ray/DVD)

Pre-ordered from Anime-on-Line:

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! - Season 2 (LE Blu-ray/DVD)

Emma Season 1 from CEX in Barking (hard to turn it down for £6)
Is the order a Rabbit Season 2 from CEX in Gravesend (£12)

I ought to stop looking in random CEXs for anime titles as pricing is very much all over the place. Like with Emma being sold for £6 a volume when on Amazon is ~ £24 for the standard edition

Last edited:
Thank you Anime Limited! They released two more Early Bird Collector's Edition pre-orders back to back yesterday and today, so I was able to add them both to last week's Early Bird that expires today, and make another 3-title order to split up the cost of international shipping:

atagoldenboneslupin.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-ordered from, All The Anime:

Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation - Complete Series (CE Blu-ray)

Ordered from Ebay:

Akiba Maid War - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
The Legendary Hero is Dead! - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Redo of Healer - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
RWBY: Ice Queendom - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

I looked at the Gundam sale and decided aversion was the best policy. I'd need a new bookshelf / spare room if I was going down the Gundam abyss. :)

Ordered The Garden of Words (Steelbook), The Future Diary (CE) and The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (CE) from the ATA sale.

I also ordered Suzume (Steelbook) from AOL (will order the LE at a later date).

This will complete my Makoto Shinkai steelbook collection (a shame The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star didn't get a steelbook though).

The Future Diary will be a nostalgia trip as it was one of the earlier anime I watched. I do wonder how I'll feel about the series nowadays as I did enjoy it when I was younger but I know it's far from a perfect show.

Back