The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Nah, it's for myself. I originally wasn't going to buy the show because of the poor reviews I've read about of it, but I decided recently that I'm going to watch it and see for myself how good or bad the show is.
Just wondered and genuinely curious.
No amount of money was going to get you to buy that "crap".

I found it very funny and liked the romance. I was brought up on a diet of Carry On films and sitcoms full of double entendre type jokes.

It is full on with the sexual humour.

Last edited:
Busou Shinki: Armored War Goddess Collection Blu-Ray arrived today. And finally my copy of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - Season Two Part Two has been dispatched from UPI (I think they under-ordered or the demand was more than expected). Now to find time to watch them (alternating with my usual Christmas movies this weekend).

Ordered Lupin the Third: Goobye Partner from UP1, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Season 2) (Part 1 + 2) (Limited Edition) from Amazon and K-ON! Complete Omnibus Edition (Vol. 1 - 4) from Book Depository.

Ordered Lupin the Third: The Last Job from UP1 at the end of last month as well but has been out of stock since so hopefully it will come back in stock in the new year and arrive with Goodbye Partner.

Also ordered By the Grace of the Gods (Limited Edition) from Amazon Italy the other day as well for a great price which should be arriving Saturday. The price shot back up after I ordered it otherwise I would had shared the deal.

Last edited:
Travelling Man has a 20% off sale right now so I went to the big city to have a look.

Got SHY Volume 1 (very excited) with Gleipnir Volume 2.
Also Chained Solider Volume 2 because it was 50% off even though I do not have the first volume.

I placed two final pre-orders with Rightstuf in 2022, one for four Crunchyroll titles which I used a 10% code for, and the other for a Sentai Steelbook:

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 Limited Edition
Sing a Bit of Harmony - Movie
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 1 Part 2
Love After World Domination
Chivalry of a Failed Knight Steelbook

Done big order on Rightstuf, some in the sale and some not.

Ahiru no Sora premium box set
Fruits Basket S3
Fruits Basket Prelude The Movie
Dies Irae
Castlevania S4
Battery The Animation
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
S-Cry-ed
Rental Magica
Mobile Suit Gundam Age Collections 1, 2 & OVA
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train Arc LE
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc LE

WqdEaTA.gif

I made a second Rightstuf order because I felt like I would regret if I didn't, and I waited for the final day of the sale so that all of the options were available. This order is very much similar to the previous one but this time 100% focused on Funimation releases.

The thing about these past two Rightstuf orders is that other than the limited edition releases I have pretty much neglected the US Funimation side for years. I referenced this in my Otaku Collection 2022 blog post but basically the last time I had ordered a regular Funimation release that was not tied to an LE before Quintuplets II was back in 2017 which is nuts. And while I do appreciate the UK branch releasing specific titles which helps with costs (like Sleepy Princess as an example), there are others that don't make the cut and there's a lot of them, so I want to get back into the rhythm of how I did things from my early days of collecting.

Some titles unfortunately were not in stock (SSSS.DYNAZEON, Yamada and the Seven Witches for instance) or went out of print (Bikini Warriors, Boogiepop), but what I did manage to choose I am happy with. This haul features five shows that were re-released under the Essentials range which is excellent value, and four shows that were newer (or had yet to get re-released) that are so-so value but it's either that or pay £50 each time after the sale concludes.

Isekai:
  • Restaurant to Another World Season 1
  • The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
ELFU:
  • ENDRO!
  • Record of Lodoss War
High School Antics:
  • Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki
  • Interviews with Monster Girls
Ecchi:
  • Hundred
  • Maken-Ki! Two
Perfection:
  • MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD
The other standard sets that did not make the cut but I will look into throughout 2023 are:
Arte
The Duke of Death and His Maid
The Helpful Fox Senko-san
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie?
If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 1
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 2
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Second
Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou
RobiHachi
Sakura Wars the Animation
Smile Down the Runway
Sonny Boy
SSSS.DYNAZENON
Talentless Nana
Wave, Listen to Me!

Last edited:
WqdEaTA.gif

I made a second Rightstuf order because I felt like I would regret if I didn't, and I waited for the final day of the sale so that all of the options were available. This order is very much similar to the previous one but this time 100% focused on Funimation releases.

The thing about these past two Rightstuf orders is that other than the limited edition releases I have pretty much neglected the US Funimation side for years. I referenced this in my Otaku Collection 2022 blog post but basically the last time I had ordered a regular Funimation release that was not tied to an LE before Quintuplets II was back in 2017 which is nuts. And while I do appreciate the UK branch releasing specific titles which helps with costs (like Sleepy Princess as an example), there are others that don't make the cut and there's a lot of them, so I want to get back into the rhythm of how I did things from my early days of collecting.

Some titles unfortunately were not in stock (SSSS.DYNAZEON, Yamada and the Seven Witches for instance) or went out of print (Bikini Warriors, Boogiepop), but what I did manage to choose I am happy with. This haul features five shows that were re-released under the Essentials range which is excellent value, and four shows that were newer (or had yet to get re-released) that are so-so value but it's either that or pay £50 each time after the sale concludes.

Isekai:
ELFU:
  • ENDRO!
  • Record of Lodoss War
High School Antics:
Ecchi:
  • Hundred
  • Maken-Ki! Two
Perfection:
The other standard sets that did not make the cut but I will look into throughout 2023 are:
Arte
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie?
RobiHachi
Smile Down the Runway
Sonny Boy
SSSS.DYNAZENON
Talentless Nana
Wave, Listen to Me!
Maken-Ki! 2😍

I salute you, sir.
Episode 5 is my favourite.

I also ended up making a purchase for the final day of the Rightstuf sale. I mainly chose to further flesh out my Discotek collection as some titles were from 2018 and might well go OOP in time. Also went for a Funiroll LE and some Ghibli titles that received re-releases (am planning on doing a marathon this year), so it ended up being a bigger order than expected.

Discotek Media:
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog SDBD
Battery The Animation BD
Black Rock Shooter BD
City Hunter Classic Movies and TV Specials Collection BD
Female Yakuza Tale Inquisition and Torture BD

Lupin the 3rd Farewell to Nostradamus BD
Mon Colle Knights (English Dub) SDBD
Osamu Tezuka's A Thousand and One Nights BD
Osamu Tezuka's Cleopatra BD
Shaman King (Japanese Sub) BD
Sister Princess BD
Sister Princess Re Pure BD
Street Sharks SDBD
Z/X Ignition BD

Funiroll:
Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside LE BD

GKids:
From Up on Poppy Hill BD/DVD
Ocean Waves BD/DVD
The Secret World of Arrietty BD/DVD
When Marnie Was There BD/DVD

Nozomi Entertainment:
Lost Universe DVD
Rental Magica BD
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 1 + Liner Notes Book BD

Maiden Japan:
KISSDUM-R Engage Planet BD
Viz Media:
Bleach Set 13 BD

Last edited:
WqdEaTA.gif

Isekai:
ELFU:
  • ENDRO!
  • Record of Lodoss War
High School Antics:
Ecchi:
  • Hundred
  • Maken-Ki! Two
Perfection:
Arte
RobiHachi
Smile Down the Runway
Sonny Boy
SSSS.DYNAZENON
Talentless Nana
Wave, Listen to Me!
Seeing Endor under ELFU, I take it you are a fan of Seira? She is a really cute and unconventional elf.

I also ended up making a purchase for the final day of the Rightstuf sale. I mainly chose to further flesh out my Discotek collection as some titles were from 2018 and might well go OOP in time. Also went for a Funiroll LE and some Ghibli titles that received re-releases (am planning on doing a marathon this year), so it ended up being a bigger order than expected.

GKids:
From Up on Poppy Hill BD/DVD
The Secret World of Arrietty BD/DVD
When Marnie Was There BD/DVD
Ocean Waves BD/DVD

Really good Studio Ghibli selections, all of those are in my Top Ten. I take it you have already seen all four of those titles before?

Back