The ending of Kiddy Grade

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
So, now that the entire series has been released (commiserations to anyone still waiting for their copy of volume 8 to arrive), what did you think of the ending? I personally found it to be a bit disappointing- many of the revelations at the end, such as Alv and Dverger's relationship, or Lumiere's true G-class ability, seemed a little rushed, without enough time to really develop or care about them. Also, the thing that made the series really stand out for me was the suspense, and the slow reveals about the past, so turning it into almost pure action for the last few episodes was a bit of a letdown. I'd have rather seen more episodes exploring the lives and pasts of the other ES members (spread throughout the series) than the Deucalion story at the end.

One final thought- how come Eclair and Lumiere get through so many new bodies?

Anyway, that said, at least now I have the entire series I can watch it all again in one go instead of tantalising yet all too short 3 episode chunks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt dislike the end of the series , although it could have been better.

The revelations between Alv And Dvergers relationship , aswell as Lumieres ability did indeed seem a bit rushed. In fact they were pretty pointless. Lumieres ability seemingly tacked on to save she and Eclair.Also Alv and Dvergers relationship ,seemed almost to give an excuse to make Alv a "super bitch" for shooting Dverger , then give the audience a chance to pity her as she cried for her mother when all was lost ( O.K I cried at that point , but I cry at everything :p ) . As for getting through so many bodies , ive no idea, it seemed a ludicrous amount by the end . I'd have liked more episodes / a second series to showcase the other ES members really, although all of them getting involved in the final battle was fairly interesting.

Overall all , a fun show with silly bits , exciting bits , and pointless bits. Something I'll watch again as a whole for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back