The Football Thread

Jesus Motherf***ing Christ on a F***ing Bike, the curse strikes again! I had Mane as Triple Captain and he hobbles off in the first half, not the first player I've screwed over like that. Hopefully he plays next Wednesday, I need a hat-trick for any sort of decent week.
Meanwhile my opponent in our H2H league had Perez who scored 2 (his only 6th and 7th goals of the season and 3 of those were in that Saints match) and Pereira (who I took out for TAA!) with a goal and an assist. I have Vardy and Abraham who both also got injured!!!! He also has Salah as captain, I bet he scores. Actually if I put an actual bet on him scoring, he might break a leg 🤔
I think maybe it's time you faced facts, football doesn't seem to be your forte 🏐⚽❌

I think I really should give up on this season! I put in Mahrez and Aubameyang thinking about them playing 2 games and this cost me -4 points. Mahrez only played about half an hour and Aubameyang, who I made captain, did FA and then the second match got cancelled!
If I'd done nothing I would have got 3 from Dendoncker (coming off the bench for De Bruyne) and 11 from Vardy plus 13 from Mané who I would have kept as captain! So 27 minus the 1 point total I got from making those 2 subs would make my total 69! As it is I lost to the Average Score (again!) in our little league.

I'm having a bit of a comeback, but it seems to require a lot of micromanaging! With what's going on in world health, I can see lots of fixtures being postponed.

I am a lifelong Manchester United fan
They won last night in Europa League 16 now in quarter finals to play Granada
Overall Utd should have 68 points than 57 in Premiership but the title is City’s anyway
Money achieves a lot...talking of Chelsea as well
Hopefully Ole & team will win either the Europa League @ or FA Cup
But o can be pessimistic at times!

I prefer red to white shirts which is why I generally get the away shirts for England.
I'm a Chelsea fan and usually despise any team in red, but I have 2 red England tops. 99-01 & 06-08. So no need for me to buy any retro kits cos I still have them.
DSC_2851.JPG

I'm a Chelsea fan and usually despise any team in red, but I have 2 red England tops. 99-01 & 06-08. So no need for me to buy any retro kits cos I still have them.
One of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and I swear the only time I've ever seen him wearing red is an England shirt!

One of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and I swear the only time I've ever seen him wearing red is an England shirt!
Me and some friends support Man Utd others support Arsenal Spurs Chelsea Liverpool West Ham - but we don’t like other teams obviously but not the colour of shirts funnily enough

I hope you had a better time watching that than I did at home!
What an awful game. And after the match my mate was being a right a-hole and got punched for his trouble (deservedly) but I had to deal with the whole way home. At least on the tube we met some nice Scottish guys i could chat with and chill out for a while.
1. Again! Was there some kind of lottery system? How'd you get to go again?
2. After the match, bet you wish you hadn't!
So there was an initial lottery 2 years ago to buy tickets for matches and I was lucky enough to get tickets for 3 games from it. Then because of reduced capacity there was a lottery for ticket holders to see who kept them. I actually lost my tickets for the first game but kept them for this one and a last 16 game.

But then uefa sent out an email saying theres some tickets left and I managed to get a ticket for the first game again. Which is a bit of insult for everyone who just lost their tickets in the lottery. A mate of mine lost all his tickets in it for instance.

I’m still baffled why Southgate subbed off Foden when he was the best player on the pitch who was getting in dangerous positions and being the only person to push the ball forward.
Did he sub him because he took him off in the first game? So he has to keep it consistent? The subs were the same right? Idk man these decisions is the reason why nobody has faith that he’s the right man for the job. Clueless last night. Too defensive and a negative outlook. Always passing back and sideways 🙄

Who’s more on edge right now, England fans, the players, the manager or whoever has the film rights to “The Gareth Southgate Story”? Because if they win this that’s a film that is 100% getting made.

Who’s more on edge right now, England fans, the players, the manager or whoever has the film rights to “The Gareth Southgate Story”? Because if they win this that’s a film that is 100% getting made.
Haha would be amazing. Euro 96 is the first tournament I remember watching. It would be epic for Gareth to once and for all put that demon to rest.

Back