The General Conversation Area

100" projector screen

Oh, yeah. Damn. So it's either negotiate at your workplace to come late but I just realized that's not really feasible since you just got into the job.

Then yeah, there's not a lot of choice, if you yourself going into the DHL depot isn't doable.

Sorry dude, I hope you figure out a way, given the circumstances.

when I'll be at work.
Pull a sickie! Actually probably not the best idea if your new to the job.

I suppose if you're new to the area as well you've got no friends or family nearby? Any work colleagues with a car that can help? Only other idea is to stump up some cash for a taxi from work? Or bribe the neighbours!

Those are quite stupid hours! Amazon themselves deliver 7 days a week and RM on Saturdays.

For DHL deliveries over here in the US, I always get a text on my phone a few days before a package is going to arrive, which allows me to go to a page on their website to waive the signature release and specify where I want the package left. I instruct them to place the package between the storm door and the front door if it fits, to hide it and protect it from the weather, and if too large for that, just to leave it on the front porch. I live in a small town on a side street with not a lot of traffic, so I don't have any issues with package thieves.

But yeah, a 100"screen is a bit too large to just leave on my front porch, even...

For DHL deliveries over here in the US, I always get a text on my phone a few days before a package is going to arrive, which allows me to go to a page on their website to waive the signature release and specify where I want the package left. I instruct them to place the package between the storm door and the front door if it fits, to hide it and protect it from the weather, and if too large for that, just to leave it on the front porch. I live in a small town on a side street with not a lot of traffic, so I don't have any issues with package thieves.
Yeah, not only do I live in a terraced house but I live somewhere anything not nailed down would get nicked (and even most things that are). I need to get in with one of the local gangs so people know not to mess with my sh*t.

Oh hey, it’s the first Friday that has actually meant anything to me for about 8 years, woo.

Last edited:
Welcome to the weekend, ayase. 🤘

I say that, but I'm working tomorrow. My weekend will be Sunday and Monday.

I actually loved having Sunday/Monday as my days off back when I had them, having a day off when most people are working is oddly satisfying 🤔 Now I have Monday/Tuesday because of my daughter but I'm cool with that, too!

can anyone help me find a japanese music video? youtube used to recommend me this all the time after i watched it a couple times and now when i want to watch it i can't remember what it is at all

i think it was posted sometime in the last 3-4 years and has the band in a field of grass playing their instruments, the singer is a high pitched female and the song is kinda indie/rockish, i think there may be a hill behind them something similar, also pretty sure it isn't an OP/ED tho if they've done another song for one i'm not sure

can anyone help me find a japanese music video? youtube used to recommend me this all the time after i watched it a couple times and now when i want to watch it i can't remember what it is at all

i think it was posted sometime in the last 3-4 years and has the band in a field of grass playing their instruments, the singer is a high pitched female and the song is kinda indie/rockish, i think there may be a hill behind them something similar, also pretty sure it isn't an OP/ED tho if they've done another song for one i'm not sure

That's really vague; can you not find it in your YouTube viewing history?

R

That's really vague; can you not find it in your YouTube viewing history?

R
i went back as far as 2019 and didn't find it

417 entrys. Good luck!
i guess that's entertainment for tomorrow afternoon sorted

edit: i found it, figured i'd try find another song i saw in my history that i knew would probably find it but saw another video and clicked it on a whim, reason i couldn't find i was they changed the video thumbnail

i'll post it here incase anyone cares what it was

Last edited:
Ugh, Blu-ray.com is down, probably all weekend and into next week yet, they need to replace the OS drive on their main server. Going through a bit of anime forum withdrawal, but thankfully I have this forum to hang out on - no matter how much abuse I get on here, lol ;)

Ugh, Blu-ray.com is down, probably all weekend and into next week yet, they need to replace the OS drive on their main server. Going through a bit of anime forum withdrawal, but thankfully I have this forum to hang out on - no matter how much abuse I get on here, lol ;)
image0.png

At least the UK forum is still active as per usual. My day today has been doing virtually nothing to be honest. At the moment I've been drafting some discussions on the PlayStation 3 for my blog (basically like my thread but in blog format) and also updating my spreadsheet on what manga/novels are still available (so far Grimgar Novel 2 and 12 Beast Manga Vol. 2 are out of print).

despite giving my PS2 free mcboot around the same time this came out i never knew about it but i'm kinda happy that i discovered GS mode homebrew that lets me play PS1 games while the console is connected up via component cable instead of using scart, it also means i get the audio through my reciever too and it looks pretty close to what it did via the RBG scart i had which is nice too

normally i'd just play PS1 games on my PS3 but for some reason after 20-30 minutes the fan gets really loud on it only with PS1 games whereas with PS3 games unless it's one of the more demanding titles i can play it for a couple hours with only a slight up tick on the fan noise, plus there's also the fact that Ape Escape is one of my favourite PS1 games and annoyingly it's one of the few PS1 games that doesn't work because it gets confused with the dualshock requirement

Completed my 3rd section of walking the Thames Path today. Marlow to Henley on Thames, a very pleasant way to spend a few hours alongside a busy river on a beautiful sunny day

Back