The General Conversation Area

At least the package can be tracked so that's a bonus (and I did get the insurance from Rightstuf so if the package goes missing, in theory Rightstuf should be able to send a replacement).

Either way I'm in no rush as I get at least 1 package a day from Royal Mail at this point...
I got the insurance too. Just annoying as I can see it sitting there at Charles de Gaulle as both parts of my order where picked up at the same time at got to FedEx depot in US at same time but they left at different times. Parcel 1 got to stansted and parcel 2 is in France.

Driving into work this morning and a flying stone (probably kicked up by another vehicle) hit my windscreen causing this evil bit of damage. And yes the white bits on the dashboard are glass

That's £125 I wasn't expecting to pay out this month for the excess to get a new screen

Attachments

• PXL_20230116_083051753.jpg
    PXL_20230116_083051753.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 8
Driving into work this morning and a flying stone (probably kicked up by another vehicle) hit my windscreen causing this evil bit of damage. And yes the white bits on the dashboard are glass

That's £125 I wasn't expecting to pay out this month for the excess to get a new screen
Oh wow thats terrible luck!!! And ouch £125 for the repair!!

I'm sorry that it's not fully covered by your insurance, it's not your fault in any way :(

I am apparently receiving a refund for Slime S2 Part 1 from Amazon despite receiving it last month with no problems at all so no clue what that is about but I'm not complaining 😂

Fingers crossed they don't realise their mistake eh? 😅

Rightstuf package should have arrived yesterday but it's been stuck in France since last Tuesday. And I have no clue why. Some suggested it's the Royal Mail cyber attack but that wouldn't make sense when they're different companies. FedEx's own site also mentioned the usual runway that they often go to in Stansted is under some form of construction so that could be why, but either way it sucks that it's taking this long (heck I suspect I'm probably not the only one as my UP1 GaoGaiGar order hasn't been shipped out yet so it's probably stuck in the same location too).
Got update on my package, it’s in Dartford and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Must have put them on a boat.

I just had an Amazon delivery guy throw a box with two resin figures over my garden fence I did manage to catch him before he left I was fuming yes I know I should of not swore at him but he claimed to have rang the doorbell which I tested myself I don't think he actually did he said he was sorry.

I just had an Amazon delivery guy throw a box with two resin figures over my garden fence I did manage to catch him before he left I was fuming yes I know I should of not swore at him but he claimed to have rang the doorbell which I tested myself I don't think he actually did he said he was sorry.
He was probably sorry for getting caught; if he did ring the doorbell then one would think that he would at least leave the package by the door rather than chucking it over the fence; hopefully those figures are still fine though, I've read that resin's generally quite durable though I'm not sure about resin used in figures.

Last edited:
Unfortunate occurence. Ultimately the Amazon guys are not paid well and as a result the service can be sub-par, also he did not know that it is a delicate item probably. If they were damaged I would simply put a claim for refund to Amazon and due to their size they just instantly give refunds in such situations.

He was probably sorry for getting caught; if he did ring the doorbell then one would think that he would at least leave the package by the door rather than chucking it over the fence; hopefully those figures are still fine though, I've read that resin's generally quite durable though I'm not sure about resin used in figures.
I have experience with resin models through warhammer and tabletops, sadly no it's not. Resin is very fragile.

I have experience with resin models through warhammer and tabletops, sadly no it's not. Resin is very fragile.
Interesting; I've just gone by what a quick google search told me but that may have been for general use resin as opposed to the type they use in figures; brittle or not though, stories like these are why it can be hard to trust Amazon, ditto with Hermes/Evri.

Interesting; I've just gone by what a quick google search told me but that may have been for general use resin as opposed to the type they use in figures; brittle or not though, stories like these are why it can be hard to trust Amazon, ditto with Hermes/Evri.
Yeah I understand, it's hard to find the truth in advertisement.

If you want to know Resin has the advantage of being able to mold far greater detail than plastics which is why luxury figures are made out of it while plastic has the advantage of being harder to break. These days Games Workshop create hard platic models for their general gaming line and resin models (via Forgeworld) for awesome center pieces aimed at people who just want to paint them.

I hope that helps.

In fairness I don't actually collect figures; I just assumed when I read the post that resin was indeed brittle only to look it up and be told otherwise, though it seems that, at least for figures, it actually is fragile.

I just feel that no delivery driver should act in such a careless way towards one's package but I hear of stories like that all too often; when we as customers make an order, we trust in these people to deliver our orders in the same condition as was handed to them but hearing about them mishandling packages makes it harder to be confident in ordering online, even from sellers we would otherwise trust, because of a few bad eggs delivering the packages; luckily for me I can at least trust Royal Mail so the most common delivery method is trustworthy, but not all sellers use them.

In fairness I don't actually collect figures; I just assumed when I read the post that resin was indeed brittle only to look it up and be told otherwise, though it seems that, at least for figures, it actually is fragile.
No worries at all, if you didn't know then you didn't know. I wouldn't describe it as "brittle" but yeah can be easy to break if you are working with it. Just treat it like glass, it's about the same imo. Most models sit in cabinets and have tons of packaging so it usually isn;t an issue. Here is a picture of my own self-built models from a game called "Kingdom Death" one is plastic and one (ironically broke when I tried to attach it to the base) resin.

20230120_211046.jpg
I just feel that no delivery driver should act in such a careless way towards one's package but I hear of stories like that all too often; when we as customers make an order, we trust in these people to deliver our orders in the same condition as was handed to them but hearing about them mishandling packages makes it harder to be confident in ordering online, even from sellers we trust, because of a few bad eggs delivering the packages; luckily for me I can at least trust Royal Mail so the most common delivery method is trustworthy, but not all sellers use them.
Absolutely, right there with you.

No worries at all, if you didn't know then you didn't know. I wouldn't describe it as "brittle" but yeah can be easy to break if you are working with it. Just treat it like glass, it's about the same imo. Most models sit in cabinets and have tons of packaging so it usually isn;t an issue. Here is a picture of my own self-built models from a game called "Kingdom Death" one is plastic and one (ironically broke when I tried to attach it to the base) resin.
The figures look great, especially considering that they're self built; I'm not noticing any breakages, unless the rocky ground is unintentional.

Last edited:
The figures look great, especially considering that they're self built; I'm not noticing any breakages, unless the rocky ground is unintentional.
She was supposed to be holding a lantern in her hand :p

I need to buy some more super glue, when I do I might see if I can fix it but it's been like that for a while so I'm not in a rush.

She was supposed to be holding a lantern in her hand :p

I need to buy some more super glue, when I do I might see if I can fix it but it's been like that for a while so I'm not in a rush.
I see lol; just out of curiosity, you said these were self built, how did you do it? as I'm a Blender 3D user I would jump to guessing 3D printing but that's just a guess.

Back