The General Conversation Area

So I still haven't received my tickets for next week Friday.
I have been getting post and I'm supposed to get a tracking number emailed to me but nothing so far so if I don't get them tomorrow I will send off another email to MCM to find out if they help me and got a feeling I may end up having to collect them on the day but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited:
Remember the infamous Disney Vault system back in the VHS days? Well, here we go again...
This is even worse, as these items never got physical releases therefore they will they will be effectively abandonware with no digital nor physical availability. Surely they can't complain if people pirate them now if they won't offer any method of obtaining it legally?

I don't watch any Disney at all anymore. I haven't seen anything new of theirs since I started watching anime in the early 2010's. I'm not sure what the last Disney movie was that I've seen, animated or live action, it's been so long. I believe Rio may have been the last animated movie of theirs I've seen or purchased, and that came out in 2011. My entire US Blu-ray movie collection has been packed away in a closet since 2017, so I can't easily check to see what I have. I've been to Disney World in Florida twice, once in 1995 on a company reward trip, and once with my family in 2004 when my two daughters were 3 and 7, and I have no desire to go back a third time. I could see even back then where things were going with the company. Disney+ is not something I would even want to subscribe to.

Last edited:
I don't watch any Disney at all anymore. I haven't seen anything new of theirs since I started watching anime in the early 2010's. I'm not sure what the last Disney movie was that I've seen, animated or live action, it's been so long. I believe Rio may have been the last animated movie of theirs I've seen or purchased, and that came out in 2011. My entire US Blu-ray movie collection has been packed away in a closet since 2017, so I can't easily check to see what I have. I've been to Disney World in Florida twice, once in 1995 on a company reward trip, and once with my family in 2004 when my two daughters were 3 and 7, and I have no desire to go back a third time. I could see even back then where things were going with the company. Disney+ is not something I would even want to subscribe to.
The thing to bear in mind about Disney is how much of Hollywood they own under other names. 20th Century Fox, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Miramax, Marvel and Lucasfilm are all Disney now. They show no sign of slowing their Unicron-esque attempts to gobble up the entire entertainment industry and pivot it to a streaming-only hellscape.

The thing to bear in mind about Disney is how much of Hollywood they own under other names. 20th Century Fox, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Miramax, Marvel and Lucasfilm are all Disney now. They show no sign of slowing their Unicron-esque attempts to gobble up the entire entertainment industry and pivot it to a streaming-only hellscape.

Even so, I am still isolated, or rather insulated, from Disney and everything else in Hollywood, because I've long severed any access to it. I cut the cord on all television in my house in 2014, no cable, satellite, or even broadcast TV reception. I just don't watch it.

The last Hollywood movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the third Hobbit movie, The Battle of Five Armies in 3D, also in 2014 - although I just recently made one single exception to that to go see the new Avatar Way of the Water in 3D. That was only because 3D is my life when it comes to movies, and a main feature of of my home theater setup - The FreyMAX 3D theater - and the original Avatar 3D movie started my love for it all. I went to see it in IMAX 3D nine times when it first released, and then immediately converted my home theater to 3D projection.

The last Holywood movies I bought on Blu-ray were from 2017. Dunkirk and the second Jumanji movie with the Rock were the last two Hollywood movies I showed in my theater for my Monthly Movie Nights to friends and relatives, and then I showed them Your Name and Violet Evergarden before stopping my formal movie nights altogether.

The last Marvel movie I ever watched was the first Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014, and I disliked the comedy in it so much I never bothered with another Marvel movie after that. The last Star Wars movie I've seen is Episode VIII, The Last Jedi, in 2017, on Blu-ray.

So yeah, I am being completely serious when I say I've been strictly an anime viewer, 100% and absolutely nothing else, for at least the last five years, and 95% for the five years before that.

If anyone was wondering, I have stuck with German and am currently on Unit 20 on Duolingo, my streak is 218 days and I've been learning German on Duolingo since Saturday 06/08/2022 (the most simple explanation I can give of how streaks work on Duolingo is that one or two missed days won't break your streak if you have earned Duolingo points to pay for them but the missed days are not counted in the number of days you have actually been learning - so I have not practiced every day between when I started and now but I have done at least one full lesson on 218 of the days from 6th August 2022 to now) :) Considering how much difficulty I have had sticking with language learning in the past, I'm proud of myself for getting this far and I plan to keep going :)

I'm also mostly up to date at this point with all these goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year:

4 anime episodes per day (subbed and/or dubbed it all counts)
1 book a week (1 manga volume counts as 1 book, audiobooks count and I’m ideally aiming for 2 books a week but def at least 1 - I have read 40 books this year so it's def been more like 2 a week than 1)
1 movie a week (that I haven't seen before)
1 creative project completed a week (finishing pictures/other creative projects that I started before this year counts towards this goal)

🤬have people forgotten about innocent untill proven guilty and for people not in the know Rammsteins singer has been accused sexual assault but form what ive seen of the women that's accusing till come across as unreliable plus she has doxed other women and putting them a risk and I think she may face legal action over the doxing.

🤬have people forgotten about innocent untill proven guilty and for people not in the know Rammsteins singer has been accused sexual assault but form what ive seen of the women that's accusing till come across as unreliable plus she has doxed other women and putting them a risk and I think she may face legal action over the doxing.
Seems like there's multiple allegations from different women just going by what I've read from German news outlets in the five minutes it took to look this up. Why exactly is it that women are always accused of being unreliable in these situations? If you're so concerned with innocent until proven guilty then why are you here very clearly taking one side over the other, and it just so happens to be the side of the rich dude? Also, trying to find other dirt on women who come forward with sexual assault allegations is a standard tactic used to try and discredit them. Even if the dirt is true, it doesn't automatically make them liars.

The reason multiple women often end up coming forward at the same time in instances of historical rape cases (especially against powerful or famous men) is because there is strength in numbers. It is far harder to simply dismiss something as lies if you have multiple people all coming forward with the same kinds of stories. The whole "why didn't they bring it up earlier" argument is nonsense, women go forward with this stuff at great personal risk, and going in without a plan will simply result in it being hushed up or not taken seriously by authorities.

As an aside, cases of sexual assault/rape barely ever result in convictions, the law is notoriously unreliable in this area so forgive me if I don't have a lot of faith in courts with regard to this stuff. If you followed the logic that all cases where a conviction isn't secured mean the victim is lying, then that would be tantamount to saying that 99% of rape victims are liars since only 1% of reports result in a conviction.

Seems like there's multiple allegations from different women just going by what I've read from German news outlets in the five minutes it took to look this up. Why exactly is it that women are always accused of being unreliable in these situations? If you're so concerned with innocent until proven guilty then why are you here very clearly taking one side over the other, and it just so happens to be the side of the rich dude? Also, trying to find other dirt on women who come forward with sexual assault allegations is a standard tactic used to try and discredit them. Even if the dirt is true, it doesn't automatically make them liars.

The reason multiple women often end up coming forward at the same time in instances of historical rape cases (especially against powerful or famous men) is because there is strength in numbers. It is far harder to simply dismiss something as lies if you have multiple people all coming forward with the same kinds of stories. The whole "why didn't they bring it up earlier" argument is nonsense, women go forward with this stuff at great personal risk, and going in without a plan will simply result in it being hushed up or not taken seriously by authorities.

As an aside, cases of sexual assault/rape barely ever result in convictions, the law is notoriously unreliable in this area so forgive me if I don't have a lot of faith in courts with regard to this stuff. If you followed the logic that all cases where a conviction isn't secured mean the victim is lying, then that would be tantamount to saying that 99% of rape victims are liars since only 1% of reports result in a conviction.
I never called her a liar she needs to be 100% on this and she didn't take the advice on Reddit to go to the hospital to get tested and like I said she has doxxed other women that' not the way you help others.

If you're going to talk about specific accusations can you please include your sources, because it's very difficult to have a debate about 'not taking the advice on Reddit' when that kind of vague detail isn't included in any of the news coverage about the allegations. We don't all read the exact same reports.

As someone who very much enjoys Rammstein's music and shows, I'm not seeing anywhere near enough evidence on either side to justify getting riled up and insulting the accusers. Till has the money and clout to defend himself. He doesn't need his fans to discredit and shame people who might also have been through a terrifying experience. Celebrities aren't flawless just because they're entertaining.

R

If you're going to talk about specific accusations can you please include your sources, because it's very difficult to have a debate about 'not taking the advice on Reddit' when that kind of vague detail isn't included in any of the news coverage about the allegations. We don't all read the exact same reports.

As someone who very much enjoys Rammstein's music and shows, I'm not seeing anywhere near enough evidence on either side to justify getting riled up and insulting the accusers. Till has the money and clout to defend himself. He doesn't need his fans to discredit and shame people who might also have been through a terrifying experience. Celebrities aren't flawless just because they're entertaining.

R
That's a bit difficult since since she got banned from the Rammstein sub Reddit when all this kicked off and i was not insulting shaming anyone and Go take a through her Twitter.

I don't know who she is and can't be bothered to try to trace the history through the exact web pages you used without any information other than vague references. Sorry. If you want us to be on the same page (literally) then you have to provide sources.

From what I did find on that subreddit (not really a primary news source for me!), these allegations have been going on for many years and it's an open secret in the community. Most fans seem to believe the women and they're sadder for the other band members than for Till; the band even fired the person accused of arranging the hookups according to the mainstream press. So discrediting the people calling it out seems even less justified than it did at the start of this debate. I have to say though, even as a fan of their music, the news that skeevy sex parties were happening isn't exactly surprising 😰

R

Back