The General Conversation Area

Headline: "Titanic Director James Cameron speaks out..."

Once again the news media are proving to be the real villains.
To be entirely fair, James Cameron did the first ever solo trip to the challenger deep in 2012 (the deepest part of the ocean at the bottom of the Mariana Trench) along with the numerous other test missions it took to get his craft to that depth in the first place. So he is actually something of an expert in this stuff, weirdly enough. Of course, framing him as the director of Titanic rather than "known deep sea explorer James Cameron" was in poor taste.

Last edited:
Yay the internet mob of some spin off leftists group have actually tried to vandalise till lindeman home in Berlin even though it's some were near he's home plus the offices of Rammstein have been vandalised and don't if this is true but there rumours of these people wanting to target till lindeman mother.

I'm going say it the internet was a mistake.

Last edited:
I’m looking for a USB blu ray drive so I can watch things while travelling on the Amazon Prime’s sale. Hopefully there’s a good deal to take.

It appears that Rightstuf has started doing partial shipments instead of holding the entire order for any pre-order items. Surely this should affect shipping prices if you are shipping multiple times for a single order.

It appears that Rightstuf has started doing partial shipments instead of holding the entire order for any pre-order items. Surely this should affect shipping prices if you are shipping multiple times for a single order.
They have been doing so for US users but from what I read on their website, international orders should still be in the rule that they wait for all items to be available in the order first before shipping unless it's like forever.

International orders are generally held until all items in the order are in-stock in our warehouse. However, should your order be held up by one or two items for an extended period, we will, at our option and at no additional expense to you, ship all items that are currently available on that order and any other current order to minimize your wait for the products. Items will ship in the same box, to minimize customs charges.

They have been doing so for US users but from what I read on their website, international orders should still be in the rule that they wait for all items to be available in the order first before shipping unless it's like forever.
Yeah I've read that as well, but they have shipped two partial orders for me to the UK. For instance I had an order containing Sakura Quest, Chio's School Road, Citrus, Harukana Receive and Reincarnated as a Sword. They shipped all of the in stock items together and the order status is now Partially fulfilled while waiting for Reincarnated as a sword to come into stock.

The other instance I pre-ordered Mieruko-chan and The Executioner and Her Way of Life. Mieruko-chan shipped the 28th of June and Executioner shipped 2 days ago. So I've got two Fedex tracking numbers for the order, but only paid for one shipment.

They part-shipped a few months back for me too, which was surprise. My current open order has been sitting waiting until August for a while though (fine by me).

R

2019-12-18 (2).png

Hmmm.... well so far Ranking of Kings Part 1 hasn't shipped separately from my Part 2 LE order. But I suppose there's some factors to make partial shipment happen - for instance does your basket have enough items to ship out before your 'not in stock' item is available.

I'm a bit of a walking wounded today. Fell over walking to work. I misjudged the kerb. My ankles went and the next thing I knew I was heading to the ground. Slammed my left knee into the pavement.

Luckily ankle isn't twisted but foot does hurt, knee is grazed and numb, I have it a clean and put germolene on it when I limped the rest of the way into work.

I'm a bit of a walking wounded today. Fell over walking to work. I misjudged the kerb. My ankles went and the next thing I knew I was heading to the ground. Slammed my left knee into the pavement.

Luckily ankle isn't twisted but foot does hurt, knee is grazed and numb, I have it a clean and put germolene on it when I limped the rest of the way into work.

I'm so sorry to hear that I really hope you feel better soon :confused: ❤️

Anyone else experience this?

Asked UP1 if they are doing a rightstuf sales order and they were, so ordered a bluray at £27

Got an email today saying my orders canceled and if I want to reorder its now £50

Anyone else experience this?

Asked UP1 if they are doing a rightstuf sales order and they were, so ordered a bluray at £27

Got an email today saying my orders canceled and if I want to reorder its now £50

Pretty sure it's illegal in the UK to not honor sale price. Though I could be wrong

Pretty sure it's illegal in the UK to not honor sale price. Though I could be wrong
It’s a common misconception, but that is in fact wrong. Businesses can choose to honour a misprice and often do simply out of goodwill, but any transaction has to be agreed by both parties.

Obviously going ahead with the transaction and charging a higher price without informing the customer would be illegal. But in the case of a business informing a customer a product advertised as £27 should actually be £50 and asking whether they still want to proceed with the transaction at the higher price, they are within their rights to do so as the customer is free to decline. But you can’t force a business to sell something for less than they are willing to.

There’d be a case for false advertising and potentially fraud if you say, opened a pound shop and then told customers everything was actually £2 when they got to the till, but on occasions where a price was simply a mistake or a sale has ended it isn’t considered such. The advertised price has to have been intentionally misleading to customers for the business to be at fault.

It’s a common misconception, but that is in fact wrong. Businesses can choose to honour a misprice and often do simply out of goodwill, but any transaction has to be agreed by both parties.

Obviously going ahead with the transaction and charging a higher price without informing the customer would be illegal. But in the case of a business informing a customer a product advertised as £27 should actually be £50 and asking whether they still want to proceed with the transaction at the higher price, they are within their rights to do so as the customer is free to decline. But you can’t force a business to sell something for less than they are willing to.

There’d be a case for false advertising and potentially fraud if you say, opened a pound shop and then told customers everything was actually £2 when they got to the till, but on occasions where a price was simply a mistake or a sale has ended it isn’t considered such. The advertised price has to have been intentionally misleading to customers for the business to be at fault.
Good to know, thanks for the detailed write up.

Back