The General Conversation Area

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
I've made many legit attempts at learning Japanese but my ADD basically stops me from being able to knuckle down and focus.

I have basically memorized Hiragana and I'm fairly decent at Katakana. I know a few Kanji and I'm learning new words all all the time still. Problem is it's so fragmented, and having very little practice in practical uses I couldn't really hold a conversation.

I have ADHD too! Have you seen that AMV Hell with mostly clips from Bottle Fairy where at the end it shows the robot maid girl from Mahoromatic and mistranslates what she's saying as "I think hell is bad! It gives you ADHD! pauses oh look an ice cream truck" XP

I'm proud of you for what you have managed to accomplish! :) I know a little bit of Japanese from watching so much subbed anime over the years but much of what I used to know I have forgotten now 😅

Vincentdante

Mad Scientist
I have ADHD too! Have you seen that AMV Hell with mostly clips from Bottle Fairy where at the end it shows the robot maid girl from Mahoromatic and mistranslates what she's saying as "I think hell is bad! It gives you ADHD! pauses oh look an ice cream truck" XP

I'm proud of you for what you have managed to accomplish! :) I know a little bit of Japanese from watching so much subbed anime over the years but much of what I used to know I have forgotten now 😅
Thank you :)

Vincentdante

Mad Scientist
***king Zavvi customer service not reading tickets.

Still waiting for the refund on The Witch I sent back, I had confirmation it was recieved by them but nothing since. So sent follow up asking for an update and got a generric response apologising that "the item hasn't been sent yet." Sent a far less polite response telling them to read the ****ing ticket.

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
I thought my PS5 controller was broken as the buttons weren't working. Just realised I had been playing my Nintendo Switch for so longer that I was pressing the wrong buttons.

Haha...oops 🤣

I mostly use my PS3 as an extra blu-ray player and I too have gotten mixed up between the controller and my other remotes XP :)

Oldmario

Thousand Master
when it comes to vinyl releases in boxes are they all generally the same size? i have a vinyl with a cd/dvd-audio included coming and i want to put it in something that will protect it from being squashed in storage mainly cause i only bought it for the dvd as it was the only way to get it

not looking for something flimsy like the steelbook central protective cases more like those hard plastic cases you see from those scam videogame condition companies

Dai

Thousand Master
I see that our new prime minister started as a Lib Dem in university before switching to the Tories. So, on the remote chance that she sees this message:

Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car.

ayase

State Alchemist
I see that our new prime minister started as a Lib Dem in university before switching to the Tories. So, on the remote chance that she sees this message:
I mean, she’s a duplicitous flip-flopper constantly having to justify her support of a ruthless toff-run Tory government while at the same time trying to distance herself from them, are we sure she isn’t still a Lib Dem?

Eternal chibi

Kiznaiver
when it comes to vinyl releases in boxes are they all generally the same size? i have a vinyl with a cd/dvd-audio included coming and i want to put it in something that will protect it from being squashed in storage mainly cause i only bought it for the dvd as it was the only way to get it

not looking for something flimsy like the steelbook central protective cases more like those hard plastic cases you see from those scam videogame condition companies

They can be all sorts of sizes. Display cases can often cause the problem they're supposed to be solving. I simply store them normally, just don't overpack them so they have space to breathe and it will be fine.

The box it comes in is serving the purpose of protection. A slightly crushed corner of the box or something similar is fairly common on the aftermarket and isn't going to harm the value too much.

Truss is only interested in herself of course. Her and her band of mates will make a **** ton of cash (tax free) and then clear off smiling.

Anime1977

Hunter
The Queen may not have much time left going by reports so all events may get cancelled and I will be so pisst off because I'm going to egx at the Excel on 22 of this month.