The General Conversation Area

Tachi

Mushi-shi
Welcome one and all.
Everyone is welcome to use this thread to converse with one-another on anime and general topics.

I ask that everyone is civil to each other at all times. its not much to ask as were all adults and there's some children on the forums too.

I don't want thanks or anything. this thread was made due to an agreement with the higher ups.

well atleast that threads locked now. its taken some...but i think everythings sorted...people shouldn't have a reason to complain about this thread as its what it says on the tin. and its where it should be instead of in a games forum.
i'm thinking of drawing afew pics and posting them up tomorrow.

Hahaha, I wish.
It's from the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Some great art in that manga.

Oh and just as a noteworthy point; i'm really crap at drawing :lol:

Now this is the story all about how
my life got flipped turned upside down
I'll like to take a minute just sit down James
I tell you how I became the
Undisputed King of Card Games

In Northeastern Africa born and raised
in the palace is where I spent most of my days
chilling out Max and relaxing all the while
or playing some card games right beside the Nile
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
starting making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and the gods got scared
they said "you're moving in with
Yu Gi and his Grandpa downstairs."
I wound up in Japan and things were less clear
like I couldn't kill folks for losing card games here
if anything I could say that this place is lame
but i thought nah forget it I'll play some card games

I bought card game booster packs seven or eight
and I'd yelled at the old man "Yo Homes, Smell ya later!"
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
to sit on my throne with my ridiculous hair.

I like ice cream. that hagen daz with cookies is my favourite. I'm yet to try any Ben and Jerrry's as friends say it's amazing.

Anyway, I'm looking into disabling post counts from a particular sub forum and it's a massive pain :(

but I'll prevail

chaos said:
I like ice cream. that hagen daz with cookies is my favourite. I'm yet to try any Ben and Jerrry's as friends say it's amazing.

Anyway, I'm looking into disabling post counts from a particular sub forum and it's a massive pain :(

but I'll prevail

Just bloody leave them. People will stop whining. It's because your changing so bloody much they are demanding. Put your foot down and go 'If post counts mean so little to you, then there's not point whining about them.' Simple, mhm??

Put your efforts to something worth while in the forum. Improving the ranks? Working on how we can get more Anime related discussion? Working out if theres a way we could get site activities going? I think it'd be cool if we had some site activity kinda thing, where we can all join in. The Char Battles are great, why not see if there's other things??

Spyro201 said:
Put your efforts to something worth while in the forum. Improving the ranks? Working on how we can get more Anime related discussion? Working out if theres a way we could get site activities going? I think it'd be cool if we had some site activity kinda thing, where we can all join in. The Char Battles are great, why not see if there's other things??

Getting more anime discussion going on is more of our task dude :p as for site activity what would you do? At the moment i can only think of different types of battles (like a mech battle)

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

Getting more anime discussion going on is more of our task dude :p as for site activity what would you do? At the moment i can only think of different types of battles (like a mech battle)

Sounds ridiculous but something similar to an 'Anime Marathon' could be cool. Give ourselves a good amount of time to watch an anime thats either very cheap to obtain, or able to stream legally (And an epirates on here can obtain through thier own methods), and just keep discussion going. I really like it on the MAL Bleach forums discussing episode by episode with the other people, even if half of them are brain dead. But I dunno, i'm sure there are other things.

MAYBE - Who can convert the best Gundam from a Tau Battlesuit wins a prize :lol: That'd be cool.

hmm the anime marthon idea may be hard to pull off, although i do like the idea. Just how to take it further...

Oh while personally i think the battlesuit idea is awesome not every one plays Warhammer :p

BlackWolf said:
hmm the anime marthon idea may be hard to pull off, although i do like the idea. Just how to take it further...

Oh while personally i think the battlesuit idea is awesome not every one plays Warhammer :p

Yeah, but anyone can go into Games Workshop and buy a Tau Battlesuit lol. Say 3 prizes or something

1) Best Gundam-like Suit
2) Best Painted Gundam-like Suit
3) Most creative Gundam-like suit

Sure it wont apply for everyone but, it's an idea. Or maybe mix it with an Art competition? We have lots of artists on this forum, so we could have say a theme, eg; Gundam. Best Gundam Related Art/Fan Fic wins prizes? That way, Warhammer players can convert thier Battlesuits, Artists can draw/Photoshop/PSP, and writters can Fan Fic.

This may also give insentive to others viewing the competition to try and start watching that Anime.

On the anime marathon thing, one thing they do on AoD sometimes is someone starts a topic on an anime and every week updates the first post to be about the next episode. So everyone synchronises their watching of it (or just makes an effort to remember the weekly episodes as best they can and chip in). Might be something easy to try. They even do it for ancient series like Sailor Moon but it probably takes quite a bit of commitment to the series chosen to keep it up.

R

What is AoD? I actually thought about something similar (a spoilerful discussion thread)

Something like "Naruto eps XYZ" this could spark some interest, I believe.

Back