The General Conversation Area

I got it for my mum a couple of years back for xmas :) As for the manga i flicked through it and read he preview chapter that came with a mag of neo but nothing really stood out to me. Character designs were pretty but that was about it :p

mmm, that's what everyone seems to say about it, that's it's just kind of average (at best). Which is a shame, but honestly I don't think Labyrinth is the kind of film that ever really needed a sequel, of any kind. I wonder what inspired them to write it, after all this time?

And your mum has excellent taste in music btw :D

lol :p well they also did a manga sequel to another Jim Henson film, the Dark Crystal, so i think it was probably some sort of deal between Tokyopop and Henson productions.

ah I didn't know they did a Dark Crystal manga too.
I've never really been able to like that film as much as I like Labyrinth. I think it's cos the Skeksis scared me loads when I was little (and still do a bit now to tell the truth :lol:)

I have dark Crystal as well as Labrynth on DVD :p
Great film and still creapy to this day. That film is really messed up lol.

While we're on the subject of fantasical films. You must have seen Legend? Tim Curry was a geniouse choice to play the Devil.

i've not seen it but my parents do have it as part of their dvd collection (along with others like Willow, Ladyhawke, Princess Bride and i think Krull) :p

Anyway i'm going to head off now, got things to do before my g/f arrives, so talk to you all later :thumb:

BlackWolf said:
i've not seen it but my parents do have it as part of their dvd collection (along with others like Willow, Ladyhawke, Princess Bride and i think Krull) :p

Anyway i'm going to head off now, got things to do before my g/f arrives, so talk to you all later :thumb:

I also have all those DVDs!! You parents have cool tastes. Heh. :D

Catch you later Black.

Speak to you sson then Black :)

@Voddas - I haven't seen Legend all the way through, but from what I have seen, Tim Curry is very well cast!

Now Princess Bride, there's a great film :D

I have Princesses Bride on VHS and DVD. It's one of my Dad's all time favourite movies, that and Blazing Saddles. Andre the Giant died a month after that film was recorded too. TT_TT

My copy of Princess Bride is still VHS - I haven't got round to upgrading to DVD yet :)
Andre the Giant is actually really good in it, considering what most wrestlers are like when they turn to acting lol
Not as good as Mandy Patinkin tho - "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die". Love it :D

They don't make fantasy films like they used to. I find most comedy films nowadays a little too slapstick. I prefer humour to be what is said as to what is happening (well, what's happening if it's done right). Too many cheap sh*ts and giggles and no inteligance.

EDIT/ I must have been typing that last paragraph blind. Just made it more readable. :oops:

I know what you mean, there's not much good comedy out there at the moment - although Seth Rogen is making some pretty funny films. I love Superbad, and I got Forgetting Sarah Marshall for Christmas and that was well worth watching :)

(I'm glad you edited that post btw now I know what it says - I thought I 'd lost the ability to read :lol:)

:lol: Yeah, sorry about that. :roll:

I like both Superbad and FSM. Both good films. Infact I may have over stepped myslef there as there are still some great new comedies out there. "Nocked up", "40 Year Old Virgin"and "Pineapple Express" (However I think you need to have been a smoker in the past to get half those jokes). Just to name a few like.

*yaaaaawn*

Morn....okay afternoon all....i've been asleep since 9....just woke up and thought i'd say hello.
just experimenting with faces for my pic atm....looks good. its a sort of...poster or DVD cover even. but its based on naruto vs FMA lol spiritual energy vs alchemy = genius.

im not sure if i should have Al as armour or the living Al with the suit in the background....either way it looks prety damn cool.

Superbad is my favourite film...so much so that me and the guys know alot of one liners from Superbad, Pineapple Express, Knocked up and that film where fogell is a nerd...doing fantasy fights in a park...can't remember what its called but i laugh at the "bigs....these are your littles" lol

i think Seth Rogen is in Watchmen...but im not sure :/

Oh and Sex drive is funny as hell...loved that film :p

How about an all-purpose Weekly Jump manga discussion thread? I'm miles behind on pretty much every series I'm reading, would be some motivation to catch up and join in the discussion. ^_^

ilmaestro said:
How about an all-purpose Weekly Jump manga discussion thread? I'm miles behind on pretty much every series I'm reading, would be some motivation to catch up and join in the discussion. ^_^

Sounds good. You know where we can read it online or not??

Go ahead and open and open the thread if you want. Sounds like a good idea to me... even tho I won't be able to supply much input myself.

Back