The General Conversation Area

Hello. How’s 2022 treating you, AUKN? First off I’d like to apologise to anyone who mentioned/messaged me in the last six months and received no response, I’ve had a bit of a time of it but that’s not really any excuse for ignoring/ghosting which is a habit I really need to break. But I also needed to spend time on myself, and it’s probably a good thing I can return to posting in a sane (as I’ll ever be) and reasonable(ish) manner rather than subjecting you to the miserable, angry thoughts that have occupied my mind recently. But this time it wouldn’t have been in a fun way like it used to be. Anyway, I’m still alive and I hope everyone I like posting with here is too.

Hello. How’s 2022 treating you, AUKN? First off I’d like to apologise to anyone who mentioned/messaged me in the last six months and received no response, I’ve had a bit of a time of it but that’s not really any excuse for ignoring/ghosting which is a habit I really need to break. But I also needed to spend time on myself, and it’s probably a good thing I can return to posting in a sane (as I’ll ever be) and reasonable(ish) manner rather than subjecting you to the miserable, angry thoughts that have occupied my mind recently. But this time it wouldn’t have been in a fun way like it used to be. Anyway, I’m still alive and I hope everyone I like posting with here is too.

I'm so glad you're alright, welcome back! :)

angry thoughts
I assume this lightened the mood, for a bit:

Thought I'd check the release data. 2nd August!

Also out digitally:
BOOK☆WALKER Global:Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Deluxe Edition 1 - Manga - BOOK☆WALKER
*Affiliate link

Had BBQ yesterday and our dog Roxy wanted some meat
Woof woof "feed me, I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten for days, that meat looks so tasty" woof woof

24ozporterhouse-jpg.25248

😁

Last edited:
Been seeing a lot of hedgehogs lately visiting the garden in the night, which is a nice surprise as I haven't seen any for a few years.

Seems like they would be a little tough to prepare for a meal, with all their pricklies - oh wait - I thought I was in the What's For Lunch thread just now, what with all the talk about meat. sorry! 😅

Last edited:
Hah, anyway speaking of food I have been giving them Spike's hedgehog dry food and they seem to like it with a bowl of water. I tried cat food of various flavours at first, but they simply ignored it.
I'm sure Spike's hedgehog food does the stuff for them but I always heard it was Dog food (although I think it was canned, rather than dry, but that might be cause dry dog food is too dry and maybe needs a bowl of water as well if its to work) rather than cat food was the preference so maybe that why the cat food wasn't there thing.

Been seeing a lot of hedgehogs lately visiting the garden in the night, which is a nice surprise as I haven't seen any for a few years.
Sadly I saw one killed by the side of the road when I was walking home yesterday, I presume hit by a vehicle :( always sad to see roadkill

Just taken my second shower of the day. Hate it when it's this hot, gonna be 20°c+ all night!

KG4L.gif
I would love to take a nice cool shower but my bathroom is midway through being rebuilt (new flooring/tiles with a shower cabinet instead of an old bath), probably picked the wrong 2 weeks to have it done! I did have a dip in a padding pool in the garden earlier but that didn't last for long.
Roll on Wednesday when temperatures are meant to drop back to normal summer levels

It's too hot to sleep so unlike yesterday where I tossed and turned until 6am, I'm gonna play Judgement until I pass out on the sofa. Might as well do something if I can't sleep 😅

Plenty cool here in my house with the central air, I have to cover up with a blanket and comforter in bed at night just to stay warm, lol... 🥶

Ugh, I had a long, busy day at work today, and then I had an on-call to take care of for an hour from 7:30-8:30 pm, so had to drag out my laptop here at home and VPN into the network - so I'm ready to "chill" and pour me about 3 fingers right now, don't care if it's only Tuesday... 🥴

Why do Seven Seas keep doing stuff like this rather than just translate their Manga/Light Novels -_-

I used to like their releases with the majority of my Manga collection being Seven Seas titles. But the last 2 years their quality has really dropped (or I never noticed it before lol)

Will look forward to Lily Love getting a release to see if they translate it themselves or use the authors official translation

It's not like I'd ever be reading it anyway (because Seven Seas prices are a ripoff more than I'm personally willing to pay) - but I really wonder why these companies and/or translators still just think no one will notice or care about this kind of thing!

Paying a little more for manga doesnt really bother me as they have a good range of titles I enjoy reading. If it means more can get licensed thats great

But when they misstranslate stuff then its harder to justify that price, even if I want to support then (or maybe wouldnt have noticed/cared) now I know its wrong I dont see the point buying it until it gets a reprint.

And we all know how terrible stock is at the moment, by the time V1 gets a reprint, other volumes will be out of stock. So you can either blind buy later volumes for a manga you might not like, read a misstranslated product or skip the series

Should do what Tokyo Pop do and offer a fixed digital ver. if you have proof of purchase

Back