The ultimate question of 90's gaming! Megadrive or SNES?

Which do you like better?

• Megadrive (Genesis in America)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Churchy99

Adventurer
The title alone says enough - I would also like to hear what your favourite game for your chosen system is or maybe a memory about playing it.

I love both machines but I say the megadrive just about edges it for me - I am not going to mention the sonics as it was the other games that made the system.
My favourites were:
Comix Zone
Streets of Rage series
Gunstar Heroes
Toe Jam and Earl
Ristar
Mortal Kombat series

I remember my brother first got a megadrive when I got back from my gran's with ultimate mortal kombat 3 of all games - I still remember the master cheat! SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME SPOILER: A,C, Up,B,Up,B,A,Down we then started collecting all the greats after that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the SNES as I loved games I owned:

Metroid
Mario
Kart
Mario - all versions
Zelda - greatest game ever
Street Fight 2
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct

My mate had the Megadrive and I used to love going to his place to play Streets of Rage and Golden Axe

I was always a SEGA fanboy. My love for Sonic is still scarily influential in my life...

Anyway, Gunstar Heroes. End of topic.

Ryo Chan said:
megadrive, though SNES had a number of good games

oh yeah definately - I find it hard to choose between the two - but this question is asking if you had to choose one which would it be as they both have their strong points

McIcy said:
My mate had the Megadrive and I used to love going to his place to play Streets of Rage and Golden Axe

Oh Golden Axe was SOOO damn good. I think the SNES might tip it though purely because of the Mario Kart on there. It was the best in the series still by far.

I had both a Mega Drive and a SNES and liked them both equally for different reasons but I'm gonna have to vote Megadrive because I had that first and Sonic kicked ****. XD
Funny this should come up coz I ws talking about it tother day like. There was a game called "Night Trap" that came out on the Mega-CD. That was a wierd game. Cool at the time like.

I had SNES. I don't really know what was MEGADRIVE, because never owned it -.-

My favorites were:
Contra,
TMNT,
Mario

many more even where you had to shoot something with pistol (not joystic).

For me it was the Mega Drive, the whole estate and kids at school mostly had Mega Drives and sensible soccer so that's probably why i originally chose it, that and Sonic, as who didn't love Sonic when they were like 7.

Fave games

SENSIBLE SOCCER
Sonic 1,2,2+Knuckles
Golden Axe 1-2
Streets of Rage 1-3
NHL 97
Street Fighter II: New Challengers
Maximum Carnage
Comix Zone
James Pond

After the success of the Mega Drive i chose the Saturn...did i learn my lesson? no i went and bought a Dreamcast after that. Great consoles but made me have to buy new ones when Sega ditched them.

Megadrive. Was my first console and i still play it even today.

Comix Zone
Adventures of Mighty Max
Sonic 2
Ranger X
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Street Fighter II: Turbo
Altered Beast
and one of my most favourite games ever...
md_splatterhouse_2_2m.jpg

Splatterhouse 2 FTW!

LukasROAR said:
After the success of the Mega Drive i chose the Saturn...did i learn my lesson? no i went and bought a Dreamcast after that. Great consoles but made me have to buy new ones when Sega ditched them.

I did that too, I'm a Sega fanboy I shouldn't be ... but I can't help it. I keep getting my DreamCast and Saturn out, (Saturn broke .... :()

Going to start Grandia 2 again soon .... Once I finish Mass Effect

Back