Tokyopop- Rising Stars of Manga

mikeormy

Dandy Guy, in Space
Just wondering if anyone is going to enter the Tokyopop Manga comp. The top prize is a grand and you have till Sept 30th.

http://www.tokyopop.com/uk/rsom/

I missed out on it last time around so I am definately going to enter this time. I'm thinking about doing a story about samurai (yeh I know, origional!) but I figured everyone else will try to stray from the samurai stroy so I'll be in the minority. Anyway here is my plan for a front cover- bearing in mind that it needs some work and the style will end up being a bit more traditional;

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33846119/

Anyone else entering?

Yep, I think I'll try and give it a go this year too, seeing as I was far too busy last year, and idea-less ^^;
I have a group of 'fantasy' and magic type characters, so I'd like to do something involving them, and with that theme ^_^

I would love to, but i work so slow, i doubt i would ever get it finished in time, even if we have until september, plus i have only very recently began experimenting with doing pictures like manga, i'm still very rubbish with screen tones, lol.
Would love that money though :)

-IF- I enter it'll probably have something to do with Samurai too. :p But the likelyhood is I won't, as I'm kinda already working on a comic about samurai. Heheh...

I don't think my artwork's grand enough either.

I'd love to enter, but one i havent the time and two my art isent anywhere near good anough lol. But good luck too anyone who is going to enter!

Cover art/fancy cover title page isn't supposed to be included with the submission, so don't send that in with your pages. However, if you win, you will be asked to provide a character drawing for the front cover, which should be in colour. And if you don't win, it is of course, very useful to have a cover ready so that you can print it your self/publish it online ^_^

Please give it a go! And good luck.

Yeh I read that but I thought I would give it a go and see how the characters looked beforehand but thanks for the reminder. And good luck to anyone who enters, even if you don't think you could win (I don't think I have a chance of winning) I think its better to try and fail than to regret not entering.

I'd love to give it a shot. It takes me too long to do a single page. Trust me, it's a great story though. :wink:

i'll probably have a go and see if i can get one done in time got a story in mind and few badly done sketches of characters lying about

I might...enter.

Wowie!!

I'm currently doing this short Manga with my sister at the moment and this is such a perfect opportunity since tomorrow is the last day of term and I got a month to complete it. I got the script, the characters and the etceteras.

Hmmm...better do some thinking. We might end up as one of the Runner Up's. :D

Would love to... may give it a go at least...
Would I have to re-draw some of my pages since some are on DeviantArt?
"Previously published or publicly displayed work will be disqualified."

Back